Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Have heard over 30 shots In the last 30 mins. Boys are definitely pushing a few miles to the North. I think I'm going to bail out on the morning sit, check a few cameras and get back In early and sit on some turnips this evening

Nothing moving this morning just over the 8A line in 8G. I didn't hear a single shot from deer hunters; I may have heard a quick one-two from duck or goose hunters. The orchard owner across the road has taken 73 so far this year. That's a lot of doe. They give out nuisance permits like candy because of the proximity to Northampton Park. Even I'm eligible to apply for them. We didn't shoot doe on the property this year because we saw so few and you need a few around for the bucks to chase. 

This can't be! The DEC says there's a deer behind every tree and we need to kill all the doe possible [emoji237][emoji90]

Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Haven't hunted my spot in 8F since opening day in hopes that the surrounding pressure will push quite a few deer onto the "safe zone". Gonna be out there next weekend. I've seen a lot of big deer killed the last week of the season in the past.

Saw 4 white flags followed up by a lone coyote bark.. that was my night. I was told more information about the nuisance deer killed on the surrounding properties of mine. Total they took somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 deer on nuisance tags. Plus who knows how many that no one knows about. To me that seems like an awful lot of deer, plus the explosion of the coyote population, and record cold winters the last 2 seasons I just can't gain the edge.

Edited by JakeyBaby

I don't know where you hunt in 8f but my spot has been dead and all around me has been dead haven't a shot near me at all

Sent from my C5170 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same here. Sat morning and afternoon till dark not a single shot or deer seen for past 4 sits.