Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Slow again I have not seen a deer in the morning since thanksgiving

Me too. I am only seeing deer make their way to food in afternoon.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Young female, not the big male that's been showing up. Maybe later tonight.

Kill them all. I went to retrieve my does after the Christmas party last night and they got one. Ate her to the bone in 5 hrs. Nothing left but the head. I couldn't believe it. I think the traps are going in this week.

I watch the Drury show Thirteen, the last episode was called "Green Revisited". This show tells what things you should pay attention in each phase of the season. Dates Nov 26th through Dec 4th. This phase the number one thing is to sleep in! The deer are already back to bed b4 we walk into the woods. They say it is very important to ONLY hunt the afternoons right now and to be on or close to food. I tell you what for a hunting shoe this one is a good one for the info you can pick up on. And to be honest every thing they have said is pretty damn close.

I was thinking bad call leaving them over night

I had to take the chance. If I missed that Christmas party, the wife would have me sleeping outside with the deer. I've let bow kills lay over night with no coyotes touching them. Figured I'd have dinner, a few drinks, do the social thing and come back to get them. I just couldn't believe in five hrs, they ate the whole thing. I brought the mrs out with me and she has an understanding now of why I wanted to get them out and why I trap coyotes. They are getting really bad in close quarters around here.

I personally would NEVER shoot an animal and not plan on taking it home with me right then. Leaving them over night is not a good idea unless you absolutely have to because of shot placement or something along those lines.

I personally would NEVER shoot an animal and not plan on taking it home with me right then. Leaving them over night is not a good idea unless you absolutely have to because of shot placement or something along those lines.

I only left it for five hrs. After losing a few deer, and long track jobs, I started leaving all deer overnight if I don't see them go down or feel the shot was questionable. I saw both expire. It didn't feel right from the beginning but I never expected them to find and consume an entire deer before I got back. Especially around here where the land is broken up into small wood lots. Lesson learned.