Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Today ends our rifle season, but the day after or the first of January 1st starts our front end loader season, more exited about that then this season mid 50* the whole season, even the bigger gangs this year did poorly. We need colder weather to get them moving!!!! Good luck to all have a great holiday!!

Edited by pap

Ended my season in 9H today. Saw 12 doe, that where pushed to me on a drive (when I clipped the tree) and three small ones moving in to feed just before dark. Great season, even with the "tree incident" (I'm claiming scope blindness) it ended strong. That's to all of you for the updates, info, and entertainment this thread has provided. Best of luck out there and stay safe. Only 3-4 months until spring Browns..........

Doing the annual "drive" tomorrow. Me and my two sons as well as my lease partner and a buddy of his. Been a slow year so hopefully we will get some shooting. Pic is from two years ago, one boy got the buck, the other the two does on a double. Was a great day. post-150305-14499667078558_thumb.jpgpost-150305-14499667367411_thumb.jpg

Doing the annual "drive" tomorrow. Me and my two sons as well as my lease partner and a buddy of his. Been a slow year so hopefully we will get some shooting. Pic is from two years ago, one boy got the buck, the other the two does on a double. Was a great day. post-150305-14499667078558_thumb.jpgpost-150305-14499667367411_thumb.jpg

Starting to look forward to my Annual Tx hog hunt the beginning of March and the fishing end of March

I can't say it's been a bad season as I killed a great buck and 3 doe with my bow and 1 doe with the gun but this gun season has been the slowest I can remember for many years 45 minutes left in my season tic toc

This afternoons sit is my last chance at an antlered deer. Taking a chance at one of my best stands to produce for me. Let's hope something makes a mistake.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunted at my buddies till noon, saw nothing. Got home, took my wife grocery shopping, and was able to slip behind the house by 245.... here's to the last afternoon!!..... but ill still come out tomorrow morning with the smoke pole.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20151213_154840.jpg

Opening day I saw 3 deer cutting through my neighbors property.... my wife's cousin seen them together, and I kept saying one of these does is gonna screw up!! At least it was the button buck. He was coming through the field edge, and his mom and sis were in the swamp, and ran when I shot him. 100 yard .223 1 shot lung, one shot liver died 30 yards, feet from entering swamp....I won't kill the other 2, hopefully their pregnant.

It's over, I never had such a slow season, heat, intense dairy farming practices in my immediate area adds up to few deer sightings and very few fresh tracks all season. I never even took a shot :envy:

Also saw no turkeys so can't even look forward to that next spring.

The highlight was hunting with my daughter and son and my son putting 2 coyotes down on Thanksgiving day

Oh well, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.

Bob

We haven't done anything with our property in the last 3 seasons, since my father in law passed. We've just bush hogged each fall to clear the land...my wife's cousin and I talked were gonna do a couple acres of corn and an acre of turnips to hold over for winter feed. I've learned a lot from this thread this season, and I'm glad I could see alot of nice bucks on here. For years I used LOU as a fishing site, this year I clicked on the hunting forum to see what's up, glad I did. ... enjoy the rest of the season to those packing a load till the 22nd!