Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

I would say he would go better than 160.., only thing that's hurting him would be his inside spread...regardless that's a friggin hell of a deer!

I do feel your pain tho last week the big guy that I've been after got hit by a transport crossing back into my block of bush. Very disheartening seeing the deer dead when you've been working so hard to get your hands on em.

Edited by Nontypical

Great buck! I remember trail cam pic originally posted. I would be very sick too. Atleast someone got a trophy and yotes didnt get him in February. I hunt my as off and have never see one of that caliber. Nevertheless shot at. One day maybe. The search will keep me out there though. Goodluck this wknd everyone!

Got the trap line in this week. The recent cold snap and dusting of snow brought the first predator of the year into one of my hay sets. Missed a coyote on a flat set and had a dirt hole set dug up Wednesday as well. With all the sign and trail camera pics of coyotes around, I think it's going to be a great spot.post-149813-14505450357771_thumb.jpg

I ended my season last night, catching a doe at 4:15 pm sneaking through hardwoods on her way out to feed in the hay fields.  It has been pretty slim pickins in zone 8s and 8j the last two weeks.  Final tally for me; a doe and buck in bow, a doe and buck in rifle, and a doe in muzzle.  I have more tags but have plenty of venison for family and friends.  Saw 7 different bucks in bow season, only 1 buck in gun.  The monarch buck that a lot of us were after was taken in early gun.  All in all a very enjoyable season for me.Thanks  to Legacy for the thread again this year, and all who contributed.  It has been great to hear others experiences and see some great bucks.  Hop

Put the muzzy down around 9 and went in my friends farm for coffee and get the bird shot to walk the hedgerows. We saw 3, I shot at 2 and got one. We took turns dogging the thick stuff. After sitting in a deer stand for 2 months it was a workout walking through brambles and low branches for a 100 or so yards. Each year I been telling my friend I'm gonna get him a beagle, today I told him I'm getting the first free dog I find on Craigslist and we'll teach it the smell of rabbits!! Oh well today was my last morning, and I still ended it with a bang. Got my share of venison for the year though it was alot of hours and few sightings. Thanks legacy and all who've contributed. Jeff Howe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Didn't get to hunt the last season as much as I wanted to, but then again the whether didn't push me to go either. It's been great sharing a stand with everyone on here. Congrats again to everyone to was lucky enough to punch some tags in the toughest season to date. Let's hope for a better winter then the last two to allow the deer numbers to bounce back a little bit. On to ducks for the late season then it's come on Spring! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!