Its funny how many people expect epic fishing every fall....fish hard, enjoy the water, enjoy the company you keep and good fishing should be a bonus. Yeah we all get frustrated occasionally and always want more fish and bigger fish, but if you cant simply enjoy yourself without catching a world class fish you are missing out on just how special the outdoors is and the freedom we have to enjoy it. Its the not knowing what will happen next the makes it exciting even when its slow. Its not like there isnt any fish to catch..

Sat am we went 2 for 2 and last night's pm trip was 1 for 3. Fished 80-130 all Mexico bay to the plant. 75 rigger with big weenie flasher and twinkie rig with frog mc rocket took a couple shots. One 220 dipsey with FF rip , and a couple 350 copper shots

Regardless how the fall salmon fishing was, it was just nice to be floating a on such a great natural resource in our backyard.   If every year were great years, they wouldn't be great years.   Just a couple random pics from the last couple days.

IMG_20150906_185831336_HDR_zps2l7loa7p.j

IMG_20150906_184820261_zpspuxmgkrm.jpg

IMG_20150905_101726249_zpsdfgsn0rq.jpg

IMG_20150905_055546993_zpsoivj1gwr.jpg

IMG_20150830_060349863_zpswat2vlsu.jpg

IMG_20150823_103218_zpsvsn0wonw.jpg

Justtracytrolling is right. Back in the late 80's and early 90's fishing was great and at a peak then slowly fell off only to come back up again 5 years ago and now is falling off again. People are spoiled when fishing is great and expect it every trip. Enjoy the lake and the experience it will be back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were out there Sat evening and Sun morning and evening. Nothing on Sat but 2 for 2 on Sun. 1 on a Dipsy out 270 over 120 and 1 on a rigger down 90 over 100. It was definitely slow compared to the last few years. Is it the heat? Are they running late or just slow year?

Social media has ruined most people, everyone needs to be as good or better the rest. Most have forgotten what it is to just enjoy getting away from work and the everyday grind of life. It is called fishing and not catching for a reason, just relax and enjoy yourself. The fish are there, unlike last year, we can't make them bite. Next year, or the year after when we have another great year you can look back and say, yes remember those hard years, and really enjoy the great years. The season is not over yet, if they turn on it will be a blood bath, and if not you can't say you didn't try.

Capt Rich.

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.

Social media has ruined most people, everyone needs to be as good or better the rest. Most have forgotten what it is to just enjoy getting away from work and the everyday grind of life. It is called fishing and not catching for a reason, just relax and enjoy yourself. The fish are there, unlike last year, we can't make them bite. Next year, or the year after when we have another great year you can look back and say, yes remember those hard years, and really enjoy the great years. The season is not over yet, if they turn on it will be a blood bath, and if not you can't say you didn't try.

Capt Rich.

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Waterfowl Hunting.

Not me Rich,

I am just so grateful to have had the opportunity the Great Lake gave us EVERY SINGLE week since mid june..We have been able to get out to fish and play in the lake all spring and summer..  If the fishing isn't happening for us we , cook, swim, ski and tube to make things fun and then go back to fishing if its warranted.. Couldn't ask for anything better and never felt that a single trip was a waste of time !!!

Sure we have severe growing pains in figuring out the fishing .. Our total for the year is, 4 Salmon, 2 browns, 1 steelhead and a giant sheepshead .. Oh not counting dink perch, smallies and goby, lol 

The social media (here) has helped me learn things in which I never would know, speed, temp, stacking,  currents and on and on.. The thing it cant and I don't want is instant gratification, it's all about the adventure for myself and crew..

While there may be lots of fishing ahead before seasons end, next week will be our final adventure.. Many things to do in preparation for my fall, other season adventures.. Got to get back to the Adirondacks at least once before the hunt of another sort begins..  

Thanks to all that made this year a success for me :

Rich

Yup! There's been years that we've fished a week and caught 6 fish and then there has been days that we caught 9 or 10 but that's why it's called fishing. I have to agree that it can be darn right frustrating at times but I keep going back because I l love it.

Batch.

Four years ago, the people controlling the lake level dropped it so low in August that a lot of fish died in the lake without being able to get up a tributary and spawn, thus less matures this year and probably for more four year cycles until they rebuild the population. Remember not being able to get out of shallow entrance marinas ?

post-158601-0-57567400-1441996557_thumb.jpgpost-158601-0-31269400-1441996577_thumb.jpgI just got started with this for the first time last week. We booked a cottage and I spent the week trolling out of Oz. I was ecstatic with how my week played out. I fished Last Wed thru this Tuesday. I was out on the water every morning at 5:30am and fished till pretty much dark everyday. I caught fish everyday and never returned without 1 or two and a couple of days three in the box. When I would get back to the dock everyone was down and sour at the worlds because the fishing "sucked".  Let me tell you I know more then most that each and everyday is a blessing. Tomorrow is NEVER promised and any day that I can spend doing battle with even one 20 plus pound king is a gift.  I trolled from 50 foot out to 600 depending on the weather as my small boat is restricted to the confines of the wind. In the seven days I managed a bunch of adult kings with some juveniles mixed in, Coho up to 11 pounds, My girlfriend caught a beautiful Steelhead, and I managed to boat an Atlantic. I know many of you think the holiday weekend was a loss but I had the best trip ever in my 30 plus years of fishing. Sometimes the quality of the trip isn't necessarily the numbers you catch. I spent some great time on the water with great friends and met several more during my weeks stay. 

Edited by GlassWater Outdoors

The fish are there, out again today, from the plant north to the dunes was stacked up good with fish. If your Finder is not marking fish, you need a new one. Bait was so thick numerous times i watched as the rigger rods would bounce off the lines. Ended with 5 this morning, heard north of the river was good also. It is going to be a late run, when the water temp drops in the river, look out. The cohos we got have very small eggs, still had 2-3 weeks of development. I had first timers today, and the excitement was incredible. If you put out boat away already, that is too bad, another 2-3 weeks of lake fishing for matured left. Rock star, meat behind Dippys and short coppers did the damage today. post-139538-14420037047701_thumb.jpgpost-139538-14420037254276_thumb.jpgpost-139538-14420037420685_thumb.jpgpost-139538-14420037543667_thumb.jpg

Capt Rich.

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Waterfowl Hunting.

Awesome Capt. Rich!! I just had knee surgery and I thought my season was over. Hopefully I will be walking soon and back on the water as soon as I can walk on my own! I probably won't put my boat away until sometime in late October.. I didn't have a good season so I am hoping to catch some Salmon soon! How much FOW and how far down? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Four years ago, the people controlling the lake level dropped it so low in August that a lot of fish died in the lake without being able to get up a tributary and spawn, thus less matures this year and probably for more four year cycles until they rebuild the population. Remember not being able to get out of shallow entrance marinas ?

are you on crack 

The fish are there, out again today, from the plant north to the dunes was stacked up good with fish. If your Finder is not marking fish, you need a new one. Bait was so thick numerous times i watched as the rigger rods would bounce off the lines. Ended with 5 this morning, heard north of the river was good also. It is going to be a late run, when the water temp drops in the river, look out. The cohos we got have very small eggs, still had 2-3 weeks of development. I had first timers today, and the excitement was incredible. If you put out boat away already, that is too bad, another 2-3 weeks of lake fishing for matured left. Rock star, meat behind Dippys and short coppers did the damage today. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1442003700.541200.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1442003722.291356.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1442003739.261669.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1442003751.774310.jpg

Capt Rich.

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Waterfowl Hunting.

good report thanks for being so honest in your reports.good man we have here