Braddock's Bay Help

Miss em

Talked to the supervisor today and he told me they wouldn't be done till mid December. He also told me they would dig out the 100ft on the east side so you won't be able to walk out on it. Of course he said it might fill in with sand. Looking at the picture, I don't understand what the front part is about? (lake side)

Will the channel be navigable? If there isn't a plan for a permanent channel then it would be a spit in the face of the boaters. If their is a plan in place with the new owners of the marina and the town, you would think their would be a channel right?

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Will the channel be navigable? If there isn't a plan for a permanent channel then it would be a spit in the face of the boaters. If their is a plan in place with the new owners of the marina and the town, you would think their would be a channel right?

without a block like that at the oak I don't think it will ever change  

Are they even building a channel? Is it just not done? I'm stunned if this is it! Why would the Danielle family purchase the marina and make a deal with the town of Greece if it's not navigable?

I live on the bay (swamp). I keep a 15 foot Whaler on it cuz as of July you WALK your boat out of the channel. NO development on the bay has been a success. My marina tried to double my dock fee last year and I laughed at them. The Danielle's would be better served putting their Whole Foods store there than a marina. It's a really neat body of water but it's not a navigable waterway.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If there is an East wind right now, it will fill in.  Look at the sand on the lake side of the structure just waiting to get dumped in the channel.  The construction looks great but the design does NOTHING for boating. 

Talked to the supervisor today and he told me they wouldn't be done till mid December. He also told me they would dig out the 100ft on the east side so you won't be able to walk out on it. Of course he said it might fill in with sand. Looking at the picture, I don't understand what the front part is about? (lake side)

I was told it is an sand trap. 

Are they even building a channel? Is it just not done? I'm stunned if this is it! Why would the Danielle family purchase the marina and make a deal with the town of Greece if it's not navigable?

My response to that is, the Danielle's are very business savvy. They know something we don't as far as that channel. Some new docks have been delivered there already. If you disagree, just look at Southpoint marina and the apartment project next door.

Please Google Earth Following:

Port Dalhousie Pier Marina ----Example of how to build marina in the lake with River Pier protection against predominant winds(protection from North & East winds also)

USA Equivalent ====GENESSEE RIVER

St Catherines Marina----Marina built in lake with Pier protection against predominate winds(protection from East winds also)

USA Equivalent===GENESSEE RIVER

Port Whitby Marina----Example of how to build a protected marina that has a wide open bay opening to the Lake.

CLOSE off entire Bay from lake and build protected channel from predominant wind

USA Equivalent====BRADDOCKS BAY

MUST SEE:

Port Credit Marina-----A river too small for a big marina. So they built a Big marina in the open lake and PROTECTED IT'S ENTRANCE WITH A HALF SUNKIN SHIP *********Check this out on Google map*********

USA Equivalent====Sandy Creek, Hamlin N.Y. Hmmmmmmm ??????? HaHaHa Environmentalist would shudder when they see this one

***Check out****  Lakefront Promenade marina just east of Port Credit Marina...Built on lake shoreline next to a tiny feeder creek.

Bluffers Park Marina-----Built on the open lake shoreline, totally protected, WITHOUT any feeder rivers,creeks or streams feeding it.

USA Equivalent==== ANYWHERE on the south shore of lake Ontario.

More Examples of Lake Ontario's Man made Marinas on the current Lakeshore landscape available on request......................

This is NOT Canadian Rocket Science !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

That Big Canadian money spent on these projects decades ago has been paid back 100 of times over....and over... and over. If they lost money they would stop building them.... New port developments coming again this year. This is why you have a city on the lake shore of a million people and growing..........That was the same size as Rochester back in the day.

The NY State taxes I pay yearly and flood Insurance paid most years since the 1930 to have my families Lake front property, HAVE ONLY BENEFITED me by keeping the NYS Parkway open and plowed, Oh yea..... horrible to drive on and closes parts in the winters now. Parkway will finally be improved 2017 I believe.

Scott, You are correct, TONS of completed projects to look at already done & functional.

I did not even mention Colborne (directly across the lake from my house) & Cobourg (where you drive your car out on the pier and it looks like Park Ave festival all the time) among several other marinas/destinations.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL.

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL