OK, here's the reason I have no pics. To prove my words. We got to camp at 9pm Saturday eve. 7am Sunday we tried to install my lower lower unit, now this isn't my 1st rodeo but after all FN day I still couldn't get the handle to go into reverse, anybody that ever installed a Merc. Unit knows that the shift shaft needs to be pointing forward and the prop needs to be locked counterclockwise. Totally disgusted with everything I admit defeat!! Monday I took a ride down to Henderson to the marina across from Henchens, that guy helped me out before on a different boat, I pull in and he's winterizing a sailboat, I asked some questions and he replied sounds like you got it right must be something else. He tells me I should go back hook up my trim arms and bring the boat down so he could see it. We got the boat over to the marina and he says everything is right, so why can't I get the handle into the reverse mode, so he hops in and now understands my problem, so he pulls the lower unit off and locks into the counterclockwise (foreward gear) then he says there's something not right. He walks away saying he'll be right back, a little later he says he knows what's wrong, whoever rebuilt my unit has the shift fork in backwards and now my foreward is reverse and vis-versa, you'll need to leave it here or take it back and he explained what to do, needless to say that was beyond a tailgate job. I asked how much to fix it he replies a few hundred, I say if less than 3 Ben Franklins alright and he would have it done. The next day is Monday at 10:30am my phone rings it's the marina, he asks if I have the oil and pump to fill the unit, I tell him yes, well come over I got your boat ready to test it out. My uncle and I head over do our thing and he told us who ever did your lower unit did a excellent job other than the shift fork was in backwards, so I put it in the right way, after 31 years of this he says I only saw this mabe 5 times, wow aren't I lucky but that is my luck!!! Get the boat in the water and everything is a go!!! HELL YA!!!! Now he asks how are you going to pay, well it depends on the cost!!! Cash will be less, I said well lay it on me, how about $150.00 man I was surprised I was thinking 3-4 hundred, I couldn't have been happier. I cashed him off and shook hands and made arrangements to leave my boat down in Henderson area in the water if we want to fish that area, so that was a nice thing to know also. OK now were ready to hit the lake and in a hurry I forgot to hook up my steer rod until it was time to troll, so I decided to hop out on the swim platform and do it, well it was cool that morning and I had on my hooded sweatshirt which has the front pocket, and when I went to hook up the rod I heard something plop in the water but I saw my bottle of aleive floating but when I went to use my phone I then realized that plop, well that was my phone, so it's on the bottom of LakeO out in front of Point Peninsula lighthouse. Well I needed an updated one anyways, but still it sucks. We were supposed to hook up with Kevin to give the river a go, but that will have to wait till next year. All in all it was still a good trip, had some good laughs and lots to talk about on the trip home which went flawlessly for once!!! Thanks to all that posted this year as I learned a lot which will be good next year!!

Edited by pap

Well no doubt yu had a hand full and I have no doubt you hooked up with the salmon. Best of luck and hit me up if you want to do some local fishing. I will post as I'm up there or as soon as I get home thanks for the info

Sent from my HTC One using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sucks about your cell and the lower unit PAP.

Have your fishing buddies upload pics when they get a chance. Certainly with all those fish caught pictures exist either on the boat or at the fish house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sucks about your cell and the lower unit PAP.

Have your fishing buddies upload pics when they get a chance. Certainly with all those fish caught pictures exist either on the boat or at the fish house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was just me and my uncle who is 75 and can't operate his cordless phone at home!!! LOL, but he is one hell of an operator, he didn't get the nick name "skipper" for no reason. He always will be uncle skipper to me!! His real name is Loyd.