Glazed Salmon

KilliansRed

I got this recipe from the Consummate Sportsman on youtube. Ill add the link to my post. Take your salmon filet and put it in a container such as Tupperware or a glass cooking pan. Coat the fish in brown sugar then pour soy sauce over the top until the brown sugar is soaked. Put it in the fridge and marinate for about 4 hours, spooning the marinade over the fish every hour. Coat your grill in non stick cooking spray and put on medium heat. Cook meat down for 5 minutes then quarter turn the fish and let cook for 4 more minutes. Flip the fish over so its skin side down and cook for 5 more minutes then check to see if its done. I tried this for the first time last week and it was awesome. It smelled like a marshmallow while it was cooking and had a sweet yet tangy taste to it. I am making this again tonight it was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDISkf5TzXE

Edited by KilliansRed

• 2 months later...

I tried this recipe with a big king salmon fillet fresh from lake ontario in september and couldn't taste the marinade in the meat at all and it tasted pretty bad and it marinated for 12 hrs.  I have heard others say they love this recipe too but they also used farm raised or alaskan salmon.  What kind of salmon did you use?  

I tried this recipe with a big king salmon fillet fresh from lake ontario in september and couldn't taste the marinade in the meat at all and it tasted pretty bad and it marinated for 12 hrs. I have heard others say they love this recipe too but they also used farm raised or alaskan salmon. What kind of salmon did you use?

I used a king from Ontario