Great northern Lights and fishing

Kevin J Legg

Went out last night in the rain again. It was very weedy. So weedy I think my baits had weeds more than not. Ended up short trolling where I knew the fish were and landed 5 in 2.5 hours. It was the slowest night in 3 weeks, maybe the weather had something to do with it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 years later...

funny you say that pap I was telling my buddies it would make a great tape for a blade bait the night I took the shots.  Hurt my back 2 days ago had a great day on the couch yesterday reading some of the older posts on here , really enjoyed Kevins posts, I learned alot reading his adventures....I don't troll, i jig, but his posts were very informative....my goal this summer is too grab a couple river eyes, going too rent a tent site and give it a go, see what happens. I travel the 1000 islands every summer with my camera but haven't fished it in 25 yrs. heres a lightning strike at Chippewa bay.

ss.jpg

4 hours ago, Shane Muckey said:

Heres a shot I took at Kring point Kevin.

amazing2 (3).jpg

Love this picture Shane...stunning...magazine quality, great shot.

I was just reading yesterday about some solar storm , geomagnetic something or other tonight (March 14/15) to create some intense northern lights. I don't think they will be seen from NYS, but they did mention Maine, Michigan , Wisconsin Minnesota..can't remember the other states. But there is  a website that said they will be viewing the display live online .

Nice lightning picture too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea buddy I know that feeling ProfT, I got my but to land in a hurry, and I will admit that I broke the no wake zone law that evening!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...