Its has been interesting reading posts about the state of the lake and the quality of the fishing. I fished today from 7-3 and caught 4 different kinds of fish. 2 kings, 2steelhead, 2 Atlantics and a brown. I grew up in Rochester and had relatives who had cottages on the lake. Its incredible that the lake has cleaned up enough for these fish to survive in it. The lake is a very complicated ecosystem and when you add in all the government agencies, invasive species and the fishing communitie and the economic benefits- it gets more complicated. I'm new to this group and fishing on the lake and I ve found the members to be very helpful and knowledgeable about what is going on in the lake. Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to say that I'm happy that I can fish on such a great lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My sediments exactly. I just spent a week in Oswego. I never fished there before on my own and each day was still a learning experience but I managed A king or two along with a Coho or two every day. I also managed a steelhead and 2 atlantics. The only thing that avoided my line was a brown. I love it there and will be returning as much as I get the chance. Everyone was extremely helpful.

Just spent last week in sodus. Managed a few kings out in 120-170 on the first couple days. Decided to move into 50ft on day 3 and things really heated up. I ran white w green dot spiny w green atomic fly at 40ft and mag green latter back on other rigger at 47ft. Also ran 2 dipseys one on each side both smaller brown spoons . All our fish were east of the bay in front of the cliffs. Lots of dark dark kings and tons of Browns.

It was my 1st time fishing sodus. I will be back next yr.