Allot to learn at Otisco Lake

EsoxOnly

Hello eveyone. I'm new to this site and very excited to learn the ropes of trolling for the elusive tiger muskie. I have been casting and fishing the ice for them for 3 years now with fair luck finding the small to medium sized toothy critters. I have also managed to get my wife involved and excited to chase them with me. It doesn't get any better than that. Recently I was lucky enough to meet Justin, of justtracytrolling, and would like to send a special thanks out to him for all of his helpful and knowledgeable advice. He has turned me onto some very helpful ways of thinking and resources such as this site. I have only been trolling for a month and only boated one small tiger trolling the shallower depths, but I am looking forward to getting into some of the bigger monsters from the deeper areas of the lake. So let the learning begin and thank you to every helpful angler in advance. Hopefully at some point I will be able to repay the favor and pass along good fishing and handling advice to the less experienced anglers much like myself at the present. Good luck out there everyone.

You certainly got started by seeking out the right person in Justin for your information base.....he is a very knowledgeable fisherman/sportsman and knows all the ins and outs of fishing Otisco in particular for the Tigers and Walleyes and generously shares much information in that regard and makes a great guide as well.  Welcome to LOU and best of luck in your tiger quest. P.S. You are indeed very lucky to have your wife involved along with you.....for many of us it lasted about as long as the dating :lol:

Thanks guys. Looking forward to sharing my experiences here and hearing about everyone else's.  The knowledge Justin was kind enough to share has already made me a better tiger fisherman.  Yesterday my wife and I had our first big bite trolling utilizing some of the things Justin mentioned. Unfortunately we were under armed and the fish spooled us and snapped the line.  Hopefully it was able to shake the hook as I don't like the thought of a fish with a plug stuck in its face.  But it was very exciting to say the least and we will be back with heavier gear next week!  Again a huge thank you to Justin for being so open and generous with all his experience and knowledge. Although I doubt I will ever be able to repay the favor hopefully I can pay it forward by helping someone else at the very least.  It sure is nice when everyone helps everyone!