Let's NOT go fishing. Nasty out.

Went out of sandy yesterday at 5 went right the mouth of the salmon river. At 11 am I surfed my 22' Skeeter back through the sandy pond channel. The biggest waves were over 12. Not a fish from 20' to 100' even bait was scarce compared to Saturday. I am hanging it up for the year. The fishing might not of been as good as prior years but I can't think of anything I would rather do than spend a day looking for Salmon, catching fish or not!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Lake Ontario United

We were the montauck in the river of mud!

My nephew from Vermont (15 yrs)was in town and nearly insisted we give it a go, despite the forecast, and offers of other lakes.

Went just past the pier heads so the boys could experience a small craft advisory on an open boat in life jackets. My son (7 yrs) gave me The Harry eye ball right away and said this might be fun if it was nice out.

Life lesson delivered and understood , trip already a success!

Then trolled the river with J plugs, rattle traps and hot shots on boards since we had it all to our lonesome.

Had two good rips but nothing stay buttoned long.

Hot pink and fire tiger / gator were the favorites.

Marked some fish, saw a few porpoise, did't see much exciting frankly.

A friend fishing the pier early had the same report.

Fished up to Seth Green and back, had wet cold but happy boys read for lunch by then.

Good to get the boys out, but wasn't a day to do much, but learn what not to do. Well be back out the little guy likes the "fall excitement " and watching all the boats work.

Getting time on the boat with the shortie is priceless.

Be safe out there !

We were the montauck in the river of mud!

My nephew from Vermont (15 yrs)was in town and nearly insisted we give it a go, despite the forecast, and offers of other lakes.

Went just past the pier heads so the boys could experience a small craft advisory on an open boat in life jackets. My son (7 yrs) gave me The Harry eye ball right away and said this might be fun if it was nice out.

Life lesson delivered and understood , trip already a success!

Then trolled the river with J plugs, rattle traps and hot shots on boards since we had it all to our lonesome.

Had two good rips but nothing stay buttoned long.

Hot pink and fire tiger / gator were the favorites.

Marked some fish, saw a few porpoise, did't see much exciting frankly.

A friend fishing the pier early had the same report.

Fished up to Seth Green and back, had wet cold but happy boys read for lunch by then.

Good to get the boys out, but wasn't a day to do much, but learn what not to do. Well be back out the little guy likes the "fall excitement " and watching all the boats work.

Getting time on the boat with the shortie is priceless.

Be safe out there !

I'm glad everything turned out good you guys made it out of there safely. Yes sometimes you need to show them what you're talking about. nothing excites me more then the education of the Great Lakes and are wonderful salmon fishing. The children keep this alive

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app