Ok I'm going to be trying it in my boat for the first time out of Sandy creek. Is there any pointers on speed lures and so on. I have a bunch of j-plugs and spoons. Going out of Sandy I have a 16 ft starcraft with a 70 hrs and a kicker . Any help would be great I'd like to take my son for a nice trip. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll be out Tuesday night after this storm finishes off. Been catching big mature fish in 45-80 fow on the bottom with spoons and flasher flies. Sun keeps going down ide go right in tight with plugs and spoons down to 20 fow or less. Ideal lure speed 2-2.5 keep an eye on fish finder to find them and keep annoying them to they strike

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When you get in tight there are browns mixed in . I'm sure they'll take fish just wouldn't be my go to. I don't fish allot of staging or running fish however I was in the river last year next to a guy shooting the crap. I couldn't get a hit on egg sacks to save myself. He was banging fish left and right with big split body rapalas. Throw some in the spread and see what gets bit. Maybe slow the troll to 1.5-2

Personally with the planers im tight in running three a side 200 150 and 100 per side with j plugs Cleo's or crankbaits. Then riggers with trolling spoons 75-100 back. Maybe a charter guy will chime in :).

Edited by Jeremy Goodison

Was out there this weekend and the fishing was tougher than in past years, but it still produced fish.  J-plugs will do the trick, sometimes.   A few guys in my group and some others on the radio were getting fish with them.  Usually run a silver with a red nose (aka bloody nose) or a green ladder back.  If you are running dipseys, you want to run them 40-60 feet down.  60 seemed to be the magic number this past weekend and that will change as the water cools and they move closer.  We were fishing 60-80FOW.  Spoons were not producing,  Flasher and fly combo's off the riggers were best with white pro-troll flasher (11 inch) with a green fly.  You would do well to have this in your spread this year.  There's an old saying they will hit on any color, as long as it's green!!!!  I will tell you the greatest number of fish caught, based on my experience and what I hear, is on green flies.  White would run second.   We run the flasher fly combos 25-50 feet behind the ball.  J-plugs sometimes further.  2.0-2.5mph were the magic numbers.  Your boat will be fine as long as you watch the weather.  You don't have to go out very far this time of the year but I can tell you, it was a washing machine on Saturday and most guys were coming off the lake early-mid-morning as it can get ROUGH.  The afternoon wasn't fishable.  Oh, and there are a lot of naysayers saying their aren't any fish.  The numbers may not be what they were, but if you go with the attitude that you are going to catch fish, you will do much better than the guys who go out without any confidence in what they are doing.     If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you can't.  Either way you are right. Good luck.  Have fun!!!!!