How rough is to rough for a good time?

Mossyhorns

Take the pill of its your first time in lake ontario. I have seen people get sick on larger and smaller lakes that they arent used to. Not worth ruining someone's day

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like above, Take the pill and enjoy your trip. Also do not drink heavily the night before. In that vessel you will be fine, a  bit bumpy in the morning but great later on.

Go and enjoy yourself. A world class fishery at our doorsteps.

Good luck and tight lines.

Your age and fitness determine your trip. Overweight and bad knees will put you down and ruin everyone's day. If you are not nimble enough it is best to stay home.

Uh oh...checking myself here..:blink::unsure:

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When you look upward from the boat and see nothing but water  you can assume it might be time to come off the lake :lol:

That would be a bit too late,unless you are in a submarine.

Edited by rolmops

2-4 ft swells with some chop on Labor day this month wasn't bad in my 19ft Sea Nymph. It was pretty windy but wasn't uncomfortable at all. We stayed out 3 hours and called it a day when my son's friend got a little sick feeling. It was his first time out on Lake Ontario and didn't take any Dramamine before the trip.

if you start to get queesy keep your eyes on the horizon- do not look at the floor of the boat or pile up in the cabin.

don't try to tie knots or read anything.

be mindful of what you eat. stay away from the greasy lumberjack breakfast at the diner, eat dry stuff like bread, crackers, rice cakes, granola bars, energy bars. drink water or beer or juice, not coffee or milk.

thats what works for me.