Cayuga Fleas

Frisco

We've been on Cayuga a few times since the fleas died off and have done fair on the browns from the drop outside Tremaine to Willow Creek, today however the fleas were as thick as I've seen them in July!!!

Is it because of the hot humid weather that we've had? Usually when they die off they're gone but I've never seen them return like this, we couldn't shake them. They were thick wherever we went!

We boated 1 decent brown everything else was small!

Can anyone explain this or is this a usual event!

Yes last week on Seneca thye were all over the30 lb Sea Flee on my riggers and that was a first for them....seemed to have no impact on keeping them at bay.

I lost a fish because of them north of AES 2 weeks ago. On a rigger rod. Only stuck to the 1 rod. Had 30 lb big game on it also. The weird thing is the dipsey rods stayed clear was running 50 lb braid on them. Just strange they stuck to the 1 rod and that's the one that got a fish on it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They stuck to everything wire, mono, & braid like I said earlier just like July. We couldn't find an area that was clear. I'm done until they're gone, I like light tackle and those nasty things take the fun out of the sport. We've put some nice browns in the boat on small stingers from 6 lbs to 13 lbs about 40' down too bad those things showed up. We put everything back!