Depth Hunter Braid / Precision Trolling Data

EsoxOnly

Hi everyone. I am new to trolling for musky and I have recently purchased the lifetime membership of the Precision Trolling Data App. I am now looking to spool up with the power pro depth hunter line but I am unsure what breaking strength I would need to match the information on the app. It looks like I am needing 66 lb but any insight would be appreciated.  I am also thinking about a flouro carbon leader and wondering what brand is best and what strength would be best for this and how the barrel will affect the trolling depth.  Thanks in advance!

The data from precision trolling is based on 10 lb diameter line which in .013 inches or 40 lb power pro. You should start with the 40 for your first 2 setups. Then either 50 or 65 next for casting/trolling some bigger baits. 20-30lb for lighter setups and 50lb on the bigger stuff. I use seaguar blue label and spro barrel swivels that are heavier than the leader. 4 trolling/casting setups will prob be all you ever need.

Thanks so much for the info Justin.  I know you spoke about that this weekend when I saw you but you tell me so much useful info that I have a hard time retaining it all!  Your the man my friend.  Hopefully someday I can give you some useful input in return!  Turns out I was looking at mm measurement for the Berkley 10 and inches for the power pro. Explains how I came up with 66lb power pro Lol.  I knew it didn't sound right.   Will 10lb seaguar fluorocarbon be ok for the leaders?