Any beer enthusiasts here

bandrus1

Id say the market is still wide open. Washington state has almost 300 breweries and North Carolina has around 100. New york has just over 200. I dont know if that includes microbrewerys or not but there is definitely room. If you got a good product word will get around and youll be competing for those beer lovers.

Thanks for the replies BSmaster and Killians  and sorry for this line through my words here...been having trouble withhthis website.

My son told me he is solely relying on their master brewer, who grew up in my sons wifes hometown in NC and are lifelong friends.

This fellow moved from NC to Philadelphia and is working for a microbrewery named Yards Brewing Co.,becoming a master brewer for them I think about 10 years ago....and he has been wanting to spend more time back home, so there was a good fit.My son says Yards makes some real good beer and is doing well. I'm not to sure about this...I just hope his brewery does good down there in NC

Edited by choo-choo

A good location is a good starting point. And yes to quality brew products, like BSM said. Checkout other micros to see what they're serving. I've noticed that most have food, weather it's in-house or food truck type. Must have food. Most have their own logo tap handles too. A good size bar table is a must too. I see that most make their own Flight holders too. But I'm sure your son is ontop of this and I wish him the very best of luck.

I do know one thing, more people like beer than fishing

A good location is a good starting point. And yes to quality brew products, like BSM said. Checkout other micros to see what they're serving. I've noticed that most have food, weather it's in-house or food truck type. Must have food. Most have their own logo tap handles too. A good size bar table is a must too. I see that most make their own Flight holders too. But I'm sure your son is ontop of this and I wish him the very best of luck.

I do know one thing, more people like beer than fishing

Thanks Patriot. It sounds like you have spent some time hanging out at microbreweries !

MMMMMM....BEER!

For those in the Buffalo area you have a pretty good brewery out there called Big Ditch.  I was there for work a few weeks ago and the 3 beers I had were pretty damn tasty.

I've been into craft beers big time over the past 3-4 years and had some outstanding brews with IPA, BBA Stouts and oatmeal stouts being at the top of my list.  

So far these have been at the top of my list of what I've had:

Dinner and Lunch by Maine Beer Company

Juice Machine by Tree House along with many other of their beers

Ghost in the Machine by Parish Brewery

Founders can almost do no wrong in my book

Three Floyds is in the same class as Founders for me.

Anyone on UnTappd?  I'm sitting at 448 distinct brews.  My name there is Snitchols as well.  Feel free to friend request if you want.

Patriot, Is it carbonated with no head or no carbonation at all? 

If it is not carbonated - try getting the bottle temp up into the low to mid 70s for a few days.  If you still do not have it - mix with your favorite pale ale and call it a black and tan.  Many a night I fell asleep before I finished my beer and it was flat the next morning - I am not one to waste - so that beer went in the fridge and was mixed the folling day with a fresh one to bring it back to life.  This also works if you forget the primer. :beer:

If it is carbonated but looks flat...  A little bit more complicated...

Here is a good read.  If you have questions about home brewing - just google it.  There are a lot of resources now.  When I started there were several books and a few older statesman that gave me some tips.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/03/homebrewing-troubleshooting-head-retention-and-carbonation.html

Heat worked, I got head! :ninja:

25 months left to go on my self inflicted ban.  No incidents, No doctor recommendations, No blood check gone bad.  I just didn't feel good and before you say hangover - nope, I have had those.  It was something different.  MY body was welling up from water weight  and I remember the symptoms that my Dad had before he died and knew my liver was taxing.  He died at 64 from liver cancer.  I decided that I had already drank enough for two full lifetimes and quit just a couple days before my 42nd.  It is more important to be there for my kids than to have that sweet taste enter my gullet.  Call it will power, call it stubborn but I always have had it. 

I dropped 10lbs in the first week of my wagon ride - all water weight.  6 months later everyone was commenting at work at how good I looked.  It wasn't just my weight, apparently I was having some skin and eye discoloration too.  So I was just going to ride it from here on out and then I overheard a conversation about liver rejuvination.  I thought about it and did my research.  I asked my Dr about it but he wasn't much help seeing how he thought I didn't need to quit anyways.  My wife has noticed that I am not very social anymore.  I feel great physically but my soul is hurting - I can be a real miserable bastard.  Fishing makes me happy and I love being around my family but when we need to go somewhere, I am not into it at all. I am not excited except if there is a fishing related event in the near future. 

So I talk about balance a lot on this forum and how things can really get out of whack when the whole thing is shifted one way or another.  We all have honest and sincere opinions and most of us express them in a respectable and polite manner.  MHO is that a little bit of drinking may be alright for me - A lot of booze not so much.  I will wait it out because that is who I am and 5yrs seemed like a good time frame.  I will only drink beer and no binge drinking.  Healthy mind and healthy body - That is my goal.  If it doesn't work out - I will be alright.  I have kind of gotten use to this sobriety thing and the money it saves me.

I share this with you because some of you maybe are contemplating a life style change.  I can tell you that at one point I was drinking a whole growler to wash down a bag of kettle chips.  As Bill Dance would say - "Don't Do That."  My Dr actually said to stop that right away.  I guess there is a rating scale for carbs and I was ingesting a whole bunch of lower rated ones.  I referenced my Dr several times.  You guys should have your body checked at least as much as you get your boat serviced.

Remember, beer is proof that God loves us.  Don't gluttonous about it.

Joe

Joe, it's great to hear that you recognized something and you did something about it.  I'm glad to hear everything is going really well for you.  I may sound like I'm a big drinker or so it seems with all that I posted but in all reality, maybe 2-4 beers a week.  Damn stuff is too expensive, especially the craft brews.  Best of luck over the next 25 months.