Heading out of sodus tomorrow 7:00

I think wicked salmon's advice is something to try because there are fish right on bottom in that range that give the appearance of lakers and as was said forget the temp stuff for the matures right now. On wednesday we made the mistake of roaming around trying to find active fish starting in 70 ft out straight from the channel and we didn't mark any fish until135-160 ft and they were hugging bottom for dear life and we figured they were lakers. I am now wondering if there were some kings mixed in because they were distributed all along bottom in that area. There were about 6 boats working an area back and forth on an angle of about 30 degrees east of the channel in about that same depth and I couldn't tell whether they had actually caught fish or were just working the area or bait even. In the past I have caught kings even  in 25 ft of water west of the channel with very bright dodgers and squid just off bottom but water conditions are generally different now. If you have a silver J plug with the red mouth area I'd give that a good workout inthe40-70 range too. We trolled a LOT of water from 40-430 the other day and never marked a fish (or bait) from 200-430.off west of the channel.If I were going back out I think I'd be working the 40-70 early and if no success I'd motor out to 500 ft and look for the steelies and hopefully some silver kings. I forgot to mention w never moved a rod (6 of them out) the entire time from 7AM-4:30 PM.....better luck to you :)

Edited by Sk8man

A good way to trigger the spawners in shallow is to pack up some JPlugs.I use to use three riggers with two rods on each rigger stacked about 10 to 15 apart vary distance behind the ball and make alot of turns especialy if bait is around.I especially worked dropoffs.Took many late kings this wayJpugs or silver hordes with the rattles worked best..Sometimes i would run spoons like diamond kings on the lower rod.s/

Good luck

If you just want to move some rods go for browns. You dont need to make a long run and the bite has been pretty good.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What has been working well for browns and what kinds of depths and temps have you been working?  Might give them a shot near Mexico bay soon.

I was chasing salmon on Mexico bay last week(Friday) and got my limit in 2 hours.i was fishing copper 250ft and 200ft back in 70fow in front of the salmon river.Got two with sea sick waddler spoons and one on a magnum j-plug ladder back green. I'm planning on doing it again this weekend.im convinced that the Browns might be a little shallower.i'd try stingray spoons in 40fow. Good luck!

Fished this morning. Started in 20 fow and worked out to 80. Tried plugs and flashers to get a salmon to go with no luck. Fished 7 to about 9...didnt see much either so moved to a brown trout program. Hit 4 from 9 to 10 20 to 30 down over 40 fow. Pulled lines at 11. Water is ice cold...49 on surface...42 down 30 feet.

Im actually just in a learning phase with them...and keep finding them...feel like I'm doing something right. My guess is they will be in shallow for a good while. Im going to keep targeting the next 4 or 5 weekends weather permits. pm me if you are heading out. I just used a late spring program and found them today. Round 10...the sun got really bright and they moved. Something i need to work on is staying on them. Im usually spending a few hours for kings...then going for browns in the last few hours of my trip...im limited to 4 or 5 hour trips ...i fish with my son who is 11...dont want to over do it.

Got to get out early or fish late,last 2 hours always the best for spawners.I always look around for bait first as that is where I usally find them till the water dipps below 60.Had good luck using wiggle worts,deep crank baits trolled behind or planers.Old timers used copper sutton 38off riggers.next week im using leacore as the fish are higher now

The lakers are still hitting well but deep 90 down on carbon 14 450 copper.