Double Kings - On a Solo Trip by myself

It was the last weekend of the summer and decided to go on a Solo Trip for Salmon.   We had been taking some Kings here and there but things had been very slow off Roch cha cha.   Caught a couple of small browns and decided to go all out for Salmon.   The temp was very good inside and had been seeing some decent mark on the graph.

The first rod went screaming out with Spin Doctor and fly.   It was a pretty decent Salmon and had been fighting it for about 10 minutes.   I would get the fish close to the boat but it kept going staying straight down on the side of the boat trying to go under the boat.   Had to keep hitting the throttle and keep the fish behind the boat.    Just when I thought maybe the fish was tired enough to net the other rod - planner board with lead core started screaming out - OMG.    I continued to fight the first Salmon but could not net it because the leader was to long.   I hand lined the fish into the net threw it in the fish well.    

When I grabbed the second rod I was amazed the King was still one.   After about 15 minutes, I finally landed the fish.

It was my first and probably the only time I will catch two Salmon on at once while running a Solo trip. 

Here is a picture of the two fish that were caught.   I also added in a picture of a big lake trout that took second place in the summer derby.

post-140401-0-54570800-1442597162_thumb.jpgpost-140401-0-52482000-1442597147_thumb.jpg   

NICE FISH.... always fun solo and I tripled up once a couple years ago on lakers, thank goodness no screamers and one was only 4-5 lbs! But I have to ask.... who took the picture, with you holding two fish? Or do you have a go pro and its a still shot?