Fall fishing SLR

Prof T

Have a lifelong friend coming up for a couple fishing trips and I wanted to be sure I would still find evening fish. Had no intention of keeping fish today, just scouting. Ran into a couple guys on a favorite spot so I headed downriver to another good spot. Never had a strike in a few passes so headed back upriver. Roybee was still there and we fished the same run for about an hour. We both hit them hard. I released  29-27-27-25-22-21. At one point he had a double on his riggers and I had one on my bottom bouncer at the same time!

Can't believe fishing is still this good. Water temp has dropped 5 degrees to about 68.

post-156305-0-14181300-1442799752_thumb.jpg

Congrats prof. T. I was supposed to get in touch with Kevin, but I had tech. Problems which took two days out of my time. Definitely next year!! I have friends with a house on the river in Clayton, they have a launch, which Hank said I could use anytime. Might have to find others, (launch) as it might be up or down to the eyes. LOL!!

Fished with Mike Ringer this morning. Kept four 24" , dropped a big one and released two shorts. A couple other hits. Should probably have goose hunted as there were 150 in the field I was going to hunt. They disappeared yesterday but we're back today.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

• 1 month later...

Went out last week a ways upriver I think from where you are. Hammered the northerns, all big, healthy, solid fish that hit and fought like freight trains. Kept a couple for the table, let all the rest swim away to spawn more northerns in a few months :) Continued trolling for eyes after dark till about 10. Lost one nice one at the net and fought and lost 2 other heavy fish before I saw what they were, assumed they were eyes by the way they hit and fought, but in that river, who knows. I do know I've never caught a northern after dark in 30 years fishing up there, big drum fight a lot harder and different than that, and the weight of the fish excludes even the biggest bass. Water temp was 53 most everywhere, same as it was 2 weeks before that. Air temp 48. Water crystal clear. Nice moderate (5-10) NE wind which as I found out is definitely not the kiss of death.