Slob Walleye

orange belly

My personal largest walleye ever landed on open water. It was bouncing between

14.3 and 14.8 on my scales, and was just shy of 34"!!! Fish was taken over deep water with deep diving thunderstick. After chasing kings for the last (2) months it was nice to get out and target some off shore walleyes!!!! Hope everyone has a great end of there season!!!!

post-143758-0-10502500-1442835315_thumb.jpeg

Yeah I figure this winter that fish would have been another 2-4 pounds larger filled up with spawn. It was a pig I've caught many, many large walleyes in my day and this one fought like a drum the entire fight to the boat. I would guess this fish would have been close to the state record come this winter. Bettieanne I have been chasing kings around but now its time to be walleye fishing!!!!

Well looks like your rite back in the saddle where you left off! Yea we did well in late November one year, not a boat on the water all day. Would love to do it again, if I could only tag out again. Sometimes we as hunters set the bar to high for ourselves. Hit me up if you got a open seat, I will be ther!!! I haven't benn walleye fishing in 3 weeks, got the hunting itch and I kinda have a treestand fetish.

WOW that's a slammer of an eye!! My best eye came out of Canada 30 years ago on a fly in trip 33 1/4 inches and 12 3/4 pounds. It would be interesting to know the approx. age, I was told by the Indian guide that was up there it was 20 plus years old, The eyes up there grow slower than down here, but I would be willing to bet that yours is at least that or older. That guy saw many of lures in his time. That's definitely a catch of a lifetime. Congrats to you!!!