2004 Lund Pro Angler

Iceman

A 16' boat will be kinda small when the lake get rough. I ran a 16' foot Lund for several years & got blown off a lot. Moved up to a 21" Lund Newport, & now don't normally have any day that is too rough on Oneida. So the 16' is perfect for the calmer days!!!

Look Issy, I never said the boat was a POS! I just would not want a person to think it will be "perfect for Oneida Lake" because it won't. Fish caught "salmon" have no relation to boat sea worthyness in rough conditions. Oneida is known for fast moving storms with faster building waves. The distance between the waves is short & because of this it is very dangerous. Just think how it would feel if the person who buys this boat gets turned over in a fast building storm, because you said it is great for Oneida Lake. A 16' boat has it's limitations, & they should not be overlooked just because you want to move this boat.

iceman I am pretty sure anyone that is on this site knows enough about boats and what they should and should not buy. its not like the guy is trying to sell this boat with a blown motor or something maybe for him it is the "perfect boat" for oneida just let the man sell his boat.

I just picked up a 17' Mr. Pike (93" beam) with a 115 4-stroke Yamaha and T8 kicker in April, and my boat only does 38 with three guys and gear. It's plenty fast. The 60 hp 4-stroke is going to be much better suited for trolling without a kicker, if that's your deal. This boat is a fishing machine. I fished Sacandaga out of a Pro Angler tiller model with a 60 hp 4-stroke last year (courtesy of John H., from another board) and that was enough to put me on Walleye Central every day for six months looking for the right rig to buy. Haven't regreted it one bit. As for the wind and waves, operator know-how is the single most important factor when a storm blows up. I wouldn't shy away from this boat based upon its size, at least not for any of the lakes here in New York.

My two cents. Good luck selling.

Gator