Rochester boat rental?

kstitan8

Does anybody know of any places that do daily rentals of fishing boats in the rochester area? My only craft is a kayak, and sometimes that just doesn't cut it. I would like to get in something this weekend to do some smallmouth fishing on the lake. I have searched around the internet but haven't really found anything too comprehensive for Lake Ontario, mainly just finger lakes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think there is a place on Ibay that rents pontoons.  A lot of places that rent boats will not let the boat go on to the lake with there rentals. You have to stay in the port or creek you rent them from, so be sure to ask that question if you find rental places.

Yes, bayside boat and tackle, I did come across them while searching the internet. And you make a very good point about limiting the use to the creek/bay that you rent from, so I will be sure to inquiry about that. I have also heard that about shallow water charters not being able to take clients on the lake. Any idea why that is? Maybe something to do with licensing, like guide vs captian or something.

I think the old Tackles on the Bay now Braddocks Bay Bar and Grill I think has a bait/boat rental store behind them that may rent boats also.  As far as why some charters will not I don't know.  My understanding is to be a legit Charter Captain (Anyone who charge for taking someone fishing on Lake O)  you have to have the pass several exams and other associated paperwork and that license does not limit where you can fish on Lake O.  Insurance or "Company Policy" would be a better guess but just that a guess or like you said guide vs charter.

Edited by pvelyk

Whaler, Braddocks is where I kayak out of every week, I have never heard of them doing rentals, but am very intrigued. Do you know what kind of boats they rent out? And prices? Or should I just give them a ring.

aluminium vhulls with small outboards.  See Bob in the bait shop.  He has two.