ollcott this weekend

bringing boat up to ollcott this weekend, hoping to fish in tight for kings, i hear the fishing hasnt been good, but i dont see alot of reports latley, could use some adivice on  some diff rigs to use! from what  i seen i shouldnt be to late!!

vernman

I tried everything but dynamite from 10-30 feet then killed the 63-75 feet as well. After that screen was blank- the up side is there is serious low pressure system sitting here wind changed direction four or five times today--- creek is still 68 degrees and loaded with duck weed so hopefully things will turn for better in the next week or so.....

You may want to try Oak Orchard instead of Olcott. I fished both this year and definitely had better success from the Oak. Saturday morning we boated 2 20lb kings & lost 2 big fish. One snapped the 20lb leader on the dipsy diver. Got 1 king on green spotted flasher with green fly and 1 on a orange J plug. Both of the lost fish where on green spotted flashers with green flies. Also got a huge 10+ lb sheephead on a glow J-Plug. Fished 25-50ft. All hits were in 35-45ft with flashers j-plugs 20-25ft down.

Edited by ws6rufus

I have had a few friends with success casting at night in 15' of water one went 7-12 a few nights ago ...but the people trolling I've talked to struggled ...but the fish r up hi ..I would run a few boards a side and try spoons plugs and stick baits I've heard of occasional brown too..I might make it out friday I'll let u know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oak is about a half hour drive. I would go there for sure. Fished last tuesday night for 2 hours and all day wednesday and thursday. 36 kings hit the bag with biggest at 27 pounds. 50 to 53 foot of water. Half a mile and east and west of harbor. One rigger at 38 and other at 45. Spiinys anf flies on main rigger. Spoons and plugs on stacker. Dipseys at 100 and 120 on a 3. Flasher flies and spoons on dipseys.