Lake Erie Tournaments

salmonboy41

Does anyone participate in any walleye tournaments or know of any walleye tournaments on Lake Erie?  As I'm looking to getting into one or two this coming year and from the online research I've done I haven't been able to find much information on them other then a few articles in the Dunkirk paper.

There is two tournaments sponsored by Rob Ray. 2nd Saturday in July and third Saturday in August. As of last tournament there is no waiting list.

The Sunset bay shootout is held around the third Saturday in July. It is a one day tourney and has been full but I believe they are expanding to 70 or 75 boats. It is great event and well put together. I think first place took home 15k plus cash with Calcuttas.

The Dunkirk Con Club has a three day tourney the first week of August. There is a waiting list and has a 125 boats in it.

• 5 months later...

Also, if you decide to venture across the pond to the Canadian side, there are a couple great tournaments as well. The first is the Port Colborne and District Conservation Clubs Annual 444 International Walleye tournament featuring a $10,000 first place prize (100 boat field) June 24,25,26, 2016. For more information on this great tournament, check out their web page at pcdcc.com.  The second tournament held out of Port Colborne on July 8th and 9th is the Budweiser Shootout hosted by Erie Tracker Outfitters. You can log onto their facebook page, or call the store for more information. This tournament will also feature a $10,000 first place prize as well (75 boat field). Both of these tournaments are first come, first serve. No waiting lists. Free camping for both tournaments as well. Sign up early and you're in!! Registration should be open for these two great tournaments by the end of this month. Cheers.