Atlantic

Paul Czarnecki

• 3 months later...

With today's molding and casting technology NO ONE can tell the difference between a PROPERLY done skin mount or reproduction. The only real difference is that reproductions are virtually timeless while skin mounts can actually "age".

Edited by Paul Czarnecki

Very nice!!! Do you have a web site??? I got a 81 inch hammerhead down in fort Lauderdale that's being mounted at grays taxidermy in Florida...the captain of the charter said it would cost me around $500...in the end with shipping in cost just under $2300...should be here next month... Wife wasn't real impressed...she will be even less impressed when I take down her home interior to put it in the wall...lol. .I would like to do a brown trout mount this spring like the Atlantic you did...I'll let wife catch it then they'll be no problem getting the mount done... Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very nice!!! Do you have a web site??? I got a 81 inch hammerhead down in fort Lauderdale that's being mounted at grays taxidermy in Florida...the captain of the charter said it would cost me around $500...in the end with shipping in cost just under $2300...should be here next month... Wife wasn't real impressed...she will be even less impressed when I take down her home interior to put it in the wall...lol. .I would like to do a brown trout mount this spring like the Atlantic you did...I'll let wife catch it then they'll be no problem getting the mount done... Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Grays is noted for that. In fact you can find dozens of court cases involving that very scam with them. They pay captains a commission to direct clients (victims) to them using a cheap price and then hit them with ridiculous over charges.

Your brown trout plan is a good one. Involving the wife in taxidermy decisions is always a good idea.

Are reproductions available in more poses now? I see a lot of different poses in skin mounts but the reproductions seem more straight.

Not sure what you mean by "straight" but, yes there are lots of poses and positions available in reproductions. Molding, casting and anatomical study all play a big role in fish taxidermy now as opposed to some of the "fish on a plank" disasters we used to see.