The Best Dipsy Divers ?

Walker Deeper Diver (size 107), Magnum Dispsy Diver, Chinook Divers. The advantages, respectively: the weight on the Walkers clicks into position when you rotate it (and the release is better), the mags go 2:1 on wire, and Chinooks are locally-made. Personally, we run two Mags deep and two Walkers above that. The only reason we don't run Chinooks is because we have a zillion of the other ones and they do work for us. All you need is black.

Keith is right on the bullseye with the Walker Deeper Diver. It is solidly made and in my view dives down deeper than any other. I mainly use the 124 mm size (the largest one) and I have bumped bottom in 151 ft of water with it  so it will get down there real well. The ratio is about 2:1 with it at normal trolling speeds. I too paint all mine black if they don't come that way and that goes for all my divers. In shallow water applications I use the 0 or 1 size LJ divers most of the time (less drag and don't need to go as deep). I know a lot of folks like the Chinook divers  but I haven't used them because friends have had problems with the thin metal edge of them abnormally wearing their line but they cut through the water  with less drag according to them and reel in easier. 

Edited by Sk8man

Walker Deeper Diver (size 107), Magnum Dispsy Diver, Chinook Divers. The advantages, respectively: the weight on the Walkers clicks into position when you rotate it (and the release is better), the mags go 2:1 on wire, and Chinooks are locally-made. Personally, we run two Mags deep and two Walkers above that. The only reason we don't run Chinooks is because we have a zillion of the other ones and they do work for us. All you need is black.

X2

silverfoxcharters.net

chinook drivers cut the water and you don't know they are on when fighting a fish. they come in 5 sizes, I have used all sizes depending on how depth you want to go and how much water is under you. all I use now. never had a problem cutting line.

ssduke 

my dad runs the dipsy divers and the chinook divers and he likes both, I have the chinook and love them, when tolling for walleye on erie (1.8mph) they hit bottom in 50ft with only 90 feet out. but at 2.5mph they don't go down as deep. but with 200ft out they are uselly running in the 80-90 feet mark. The only problem I have had with them is if you let them out to fast they will wrap up your rod line and you bait line.

I would say Walker Divers or Torpedo Deep Sea Diver. Both are solid.  The torpedo one is interesting as you can add a drop weight to help it dive steeper.

I have a few Dipsey Divers, and I really don't like the ring - it gets loose and is just something that can break over time.

I would just get black for now. I have 100 different colors and now resort to 2, black, and frog pattern (green with black dots). I wouln't have a problem using clear as well.