Bow NoNo,s

W.W.IV.

Don't set your bow on the hood of your truck while you put the other things away!!

I set my compound on the hood and got out my stick bow and left it there,it was dark when I pulled out of my parking spot,first time I hit the brakes the bow hit the blacktop. :( IT'S hard to beleve I didn't see it up there. I bent the hell out of the sight and got some road rash,not sure if I need to replace the cam or not, I'm not happy. I think old is catching up with me. :doh:

Just posting this to maybe save someone some grief.

Beat ya to the "old catching up" ....put my bow in its case, latched it, took off my tree harness, took off my jacket, put the quiver and arrows in the cab, made phone call check in. Turned the key and backed out then drove about 100 yards down the road.....CRASH!...WHAT TH!!!...split second later I knew. In the dark it layed there in the road. Left it laying balanced across the back corner of the pickup box. Good thing it was in the case and didn't fall off while backing up.

Case is one of those cheap plastic Plano with the velcro straps. It saved the bow, and the case was not too damaged other than road rash...DUH!

it happens...now I feel better that it wasn't just me..I agree it was OFS!

old fart syndrome fault! :rolleyes:...:huh:...:angry:

Edited by skipper19

Beat ya to the "old catching up" ....put my bow in its case, latched it, took off my tree harness, took off my jacket, put the quiver and arrows in the cab, made phone call check in. Turned the key and backed out then drove about 100 yards down the road.....CRASH!...WHAT TH!!!...split second later I knew. In the dark it layed there in the road. Left it laying balanced across the back corner of the pickup box. Good thing it was in the case and didn't fall off while backing up.

Case is one of those cheap plastic Plano with the velcro straps. It saved the bow, and the case was not too damaged other than road rash...DUH!

it happens...now I feel better that it wasn't just me..I agree it was OFS!

old fart syndrome fault! :rolleyes:...:huh:...:angry:

They say you can't fix dumb,they may have stumbled onto something.LoL :doh:

BuckBoardjr,Gun season years ago we stoped and finished off a wounded doe, did the gut job through her in the truck and drove back to camp and hung the deer,

then the shooter said did you put my gun in the truck and I said I thought you did. :puke: He was lucky his scoped Browning was laying in a cut corn field about 50yds from the road, it was still there. :rofl:

Now I have to try and salvage my bow, may have to replace the cam.

Wow you guys have some good stories on gear fumbles!!

Left my bow on top of my explorer after an evening hunt along rt15 in Hemlock. Could not believe it rode up there for 3 miles before the dread came over me...wow and I killed a nice buck with it one week later Nov.4th. Just **** luck it didn't tumble into the road..

Wow you guys have some good stories on gear fumbles!!

Left my bow on top of my explorer after an evening hunt along rt15 in Hemlock. Could not believe it rode up there for 3 miles before the dread came over me...wow and I killed a nice buck with it one week later Nov.4th. Just **** luck it didn't tumble into the road..

Good news ,I cleaned up the cam and straightened the sight.It shot right on without ajustment. :rofl: