.25-06 or 6.5 Creedmoor Thoughts? Pros / Cons

DJ 17

DVD,

What gun are you shooting that load out of? How long is the barrel? The one I ordered has a 22" barrel and I believe a 1/9.5 twist.  Did you ever put that load through a chronograph?

If you hand load you won't do better than 44-45 gr R-15 and 120gr Nosler ballistic tip or a 120 gr Barnes TTSX

Might not be the same but my Tikka did not like the Barnes. I found my best group with the Nosler hunting ballistic tips and plain jane cor-lokts.

DVD,

What gun are you shooting that load out of? How long is the barrel? The one I ordered has a 22" barrel and I believe a 1/9.5 twist. Did you ever put that load through a chronograph?

Is it the t3 light? With that twist you should be ok with that load. It takes some experimenting with different loads.

Sent from my thinking chair...

You won't be disappointed with that gun, Howa action on a sako barrel it's a deadly combination. I took a small buck at 355 yards with my .270 and nikon 3-9 x 40 bdc. Love the gun and it just straight out shoots.

Good to hear.  I've got a Howa 1500 in 22-250 and its awesome.  I'm probably putting a Leupold 3-9x40  VX II on it, so I will have a pretty similar combo.  Just got an email it went out to ship today, looking forward to putting some through it!

I will say that any shot under 100 yards with my .270 the bullet fragments using the remingtons or the noslers. The deer last year had several fragments I had to pull out of the opposite shoulder. I hit him at 60 yards.

20141204_200517_zps52pvwtfl.jpg

20141206_125552_zps1r2dx2ky.jpg

Edited by Chas0218

yeah my re-loads are a little hotter than the hornady superformance 130gr. I haven't ran them through a chrono but they are moving.

Have you tried the nosler e-tips, the ballistic tip solid coppers? I was wondering if they will hold up better.

Edited by Chas0218

I used both the innerloc and a nosler  tip last year in my pre-64 .270 ( Grandpa bought it in 1947 and passed it onto me) The both shot great and obviously killed deer without any trouble. One doe was around 285 yds and was DRT.

I picked up the rifle yesterday.  It came with a set of Opti-track rings.  Have any of you guys used these?  They seem kind of flimsy to me.  I have a spare 3-9 VX II so I put that on for now.  I went to snug up the rings on the scope and as soon as there was any tension it felt like the allen head wrench was going to strip if I turned very hard at all?  So, obviously I have to get it tighten down, so I'm wondering if these rings are junk?

What has anyone used for rings on a Tikka T3 Lite?

They are a good ring.  I forgot to mention that the Tikka has an integral rail that I would like to use.  It is drilled and tapped also but it will make the scope that much higher and I would like to try and avoid that if possible.

I used the rings and no issues that was one thing I did read about the Tikka people didn't like. Personally a good set of weavers will go a long way. Also never buy those "Quad-lock" rings they are a PITA to get the optics straight. Once you start to tighten them they rotate the scope in the ring.

I agree with the weavers, all of my other rifles have weaver style mounts, I was just trying to avoid adding the weaver base to the integral rail and make the scope sit up higher.

I'll beg to differ weaver sucks. Talley low's are the way to go 

They are a good ring.  I forgot to mention that the Tikka has an integral rail that I would like to use.  It is drilled and tapped also but it will make the scope that much higher and I would like to try and avoid that if possible.

Why use the rail if you want to keep the scope low?

these will get you what you are trying to achieve

http://www.talleymanufacturing.com/Products/Lightweight-Alloy-Scope-Mount/Tikka/1-Tikka-T3-and-Tikka-Master-(Low).aspx

Weaver are not my favorite and weigh a ton

DVD,

If I don't want to use a secondary mounting plate, I'm just trying to have a back up plan if the rings that came with it don't hold up. The second link you sent looks like they will work if the originals don't.  Thanks for the info.