how did the LOU members do in the proam

We didn't win, but I did win the 50/50 raffle after the weigh in. I had to split it with another team member. At least we won the money to enter the Oak Pro-Am next weekend. C-ya there-ROCK ON -Mick

not sure what we placed in the am division...after pre-fishing we found our spot which we loaded with salmon turned out to be right next to yankee (guess good fishing men think alike :lol: )...we limited out an hour to an hour and a half both days unforchantly they were small fish even 150 feet down but either way it was great fishing and i can't complain...see you guys next week at the oak...

the team L.O.U.S.E.R.S. didnt do to well over all 1st day we got into a wad of 6,7,lb fish got 4 in a short time and moved to find some bigger fish.we found em and lost them couple nice fish ,got 1 more for a 79 point total,day 2 we stunk got 1 in th15 lb range and one of us got feeling a little poopy we pulled stuff and headed in early never did go to weigh in just got a early start home, Thank you to all the poeple who make these events possable.maybe next week........................at the oak....................P.S. THANK YOU ED our observer for putting up with us as we struggled to the last minute on day 1.came through the gates with 4 min to spare.and THANK YOU to all the OBSERVERS as you make these events possable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too.........

We tried different set-ups but couldn't seem to get out of the smaller fish. Plain and simple, we got our butts whipped by some good fishermen. Congrats to everyone that placed.

It was great to meet some of the guys from this site. And I'd also like to thank all the folks who volunteered their time to put on this ProAm. It's a lot of work and they did a super job. I'm lookin forward to fishin at the Oak this week too.

Day 1 fishing east of Wilson... we were only able to boat 5 fish???? all were taking before 730 am did not move a rod for the next 6.5 hours.. Dont know what in the heck was going on???? we marked a lot of big fish in the riggers but no takers....we should have pick up and moved loaction...hind sight is 20/20!!

Day 2..we caught the largest one day box!!! and placed 2 salmon in the LOC derby....we fished west of day 1 half way to the bar from Wilson in 60 to 80 FOW not another fishing boat near us...everyone else in sight was out deeper. We boxed out ( 12 Salmon ) by 9:30..we lost a few other monsters and ended up with a few small fish in our box also...

All in all a great pro am...see ya's at the Oak this weekend

Mark

I haven't seen the final standings yet, we took off once it was apprarent we weren't going to finish in the money. We ended up with 188 or so points, probably somewhere upper middle of the Am division.

Talk about dink central, luckily we had one go 21.41 lb on day 2 or our box would have been a lot lighter. We didn't even bother weighing it in for the LOC since there's no way that'd hold up til July 20.

Good tourny, lots of small fish around, so that should bode well for future years.

Congrats to everyone that finished in the money, somehow you guys managed to avoid the little guys better than we did.

Tim

Had a good first day, boxed out with 112 points in the Am division and was in 6th place. Had a rough second day, Should of stayed on the waypoints from the 1st day but took a chance and tried another spot.

Tim, don't you mean a lot less small fish around :x ;( That should really help out the next couple of years fishing especially with the smaller amount of salmon that were stocked this year because of disease. That was a STUPID RULE! They should have adjusted it for the first 2 Pro Ams them had it that way for the last 2.

From what our observer said he was there with the guy that is in charge of the pen rearing up that way I guess and he was not happy and was going to be giving the DEC a call. That's at least what we were told.

I heard it was something like 9,000lbs of fish taken :shock: . Being a "Catch and Release" fisherman I won't be fishing these Pro Ams anymore and that's a big part of why.

No I meant that there are a ton of small (young) fish around, wasn't really commenting on all the 20" 1 year old fish that were killed. I'm not really happy about that either. However, as scarce as the big guys were this weekend, I don't think it would have made a huge difference, even if culling was allowed, if all you are catching is dinks, you're gonna end up boxing a load of dinks, even if you don't particularly want to.

Just curious, who was the observer on your boat ? I'm pretty involved in our local Olcott pen project as well. I imagine Curt is pretty unhappy with the number of what were probably our pen reared fish that were killed over the weekend.

Tim

We had a LOT of fun, but a lousy showing! We fished the same water on Sat. as you Mark. We thought we'd stay away from the dinks by waiting for them to fill their bellies in the am. All our big fish the previous week had come later in the morning and early afternoon. We decided to hold off on the riggers for awhile and fished wire and copper only. Turned out to be a big mistake, by the time we decided to get serious, I guess the bite was off and we only caught one legal fish the rest of the day!! :x We maked fish, but instead of waiting for them to turn on....we should have gotten out of there! Won't make that mistake again !!

Day two was better, and we boxed out early, even though we tried everything we could think of not to. I didn't have the balls to start with a light spread after day one, so we boxed a few small ones real early 150 down over 150 - 180 on mag spoons and on the dipsey out 330 on a 3 setting. We were lucky to loose a bunch of small ones.....but they just kept on coming. We got our best fish on the 400 copper, so we ended up pulling everything and ran only two rods...500 & 600 copper. As fate would have it....we hit another small one on the 600. We took our time hoping the 500 would rip before we landed the one on the 600, and it did take a hit but it was gone right away.

All in all, we had a new team that never fished together, but we got along great and with a little time I think we'll be where we want to be. Greg and Jeff....it was fun fishing with you guys. We'll get them in Oswego!

Congrats to all of you who did well !!! It was nice to meet the many of you that I got the time to talk to.

All in all.....a great event!!!!!!!!

We figured we needed 12 fish and a crapload of pounds to even sniff any money,and we didn't, so we got an early start heading home. Not fishing the oak next week. Good luck to all who do!

Tim his name was Ed. Not sure of the guys name that he came with although Ray or Bob may know as I was " Feeling a little Poop-e" on day two and slept a bit while it was slow time on day one since I got about 1 hour of sleep if that, because a certain little polish fella snores louder than a heard of buffalo stampeeding through the trailer and they insist on sleeping with the radio on??????.

Rod

I really enjoyed fishing with you and Jeff, you're both good fisherman. Man, there is a big difference between fishing with family and friends for fun and making decisions for a tournament run. Not easy, thanks for having me along. As a first timer in a Pro Am, all I can say is WOW! Learned alot, picked up many new set up ideas and techniques that I'll take on the water every time out. It was great to see and meet many LOU guys at what is a first class event.

If you want to try fishing a tournament you can't go wrong here, you'll have fun and be a better fisherman for it.

Thanks again Rod, looking forward to Oswego! The boss said that weekend is open for me.

Greg

After day one we found ourselves in 11th place in the pro division. There was only a few points separating us from getting higher up into the top ten. As others have mentioned it was difficult to keep the smaller fish off. Day one we dropped three majors. The second day our plan was to box out regardless of size and hope that if we got into majors we could end up netting them. As luck would have it we got stuck on 7 fish as we dropped the next five bites. At that point we were begging for skippies. The next fish was just that. We had 4 majors in the box and just wanted to box out. We dropped the next fish which was a monster and everyone on the boat was stressing big time. We then doubled on the wires and dropped both of them. Then our luck finally changed and we ended up getting the fish we needed, one anxious moment at a time. When we boxed the last fish you couldn't have found any more guys more relieved . We ended up in 4th place over all. Not too bad for our first derby.

Attomik flies , Silver Streak and Stingers did the damage.

Cortland Machine/Attomik

Capt. Jimmy Samia

www.acecharters.com

The first day we were in 10th place. On the second day was over in less than a half hour. Boxed both days and finshed 16th. Ran spread of A-TOM-MIK flies Both Days. In the prefishing all the fish we released lived no floators. These Rules SUCK!

DEL

Del, Have to agree with you on the rules. Our team Double Play ran what we thought was a bigger fish program with Mag spoons and Spin Doctors but we also were done at 930am on Saturday and 830am on Sunday. Have to be more voices on these rules than just a few teams! Think we ended up 26th! Yippie! Good Luck!