Otisco Lake Guide Service

My wife and I took a few trips around the lake with Justin this weekend. Even though the bite was slow we were able to produce some nice results with a total of 6 small mouth bass, 1 mid sized tiger musky, and 2 walleye (one of which had a beautiful blue tint that I had never seen before). A few were dropped as well which we already knew is part of the fishing game.

We learned in a few hours what it would have taken us YEARS to figure out on our own. From tackle and gear to fishing methods to fishing areas and times of year to try all. If you want to become a more successful angler I would highly recommend spending a day or two with this guy. Just make sure you bring your notebook because you will walk away with your head spinning as the steady flow of quality information just doesn't stop!!  Awesome time and we cant wait to put our newly found knowledge to great use in the future!  We will definitely make at least a annual trip with him a tradition from now on.

post-159196-0-81948100-1443441658_thumb.jpg

Congrats to your day!!! Yes Justin is a wealth of info, as he eats, sleeps and breaths fishing, I'm also glad to hear you had a good time and you will continue to use his services, that sends a good message out about his services as well!!!!

Justin Okrepki

New York State Licensed Guide #7324

(607) 349-1750

Very nice of you to do. Help out our fellow fisherman/ladies. It's a win win situation for both the fisherman and help out a guy who's given his heart and sole to make walleye fishing a different face as like helping others get their feet wet, at least give a heads up. This sport used to be so tight lipped and get lost kid, philosophy! I feel that Justin,(this is my take on the man) just wants everyone to be able to catch a walleye. Once you get your feet wet in this very time consuming sport fish, the more YOU put into it the more YOU will be rewarded. I feel this year this topic has opened up a great deal from the older generation ever would have let out. With our tight nit group of guys on here willing to share info and not be asked to be spoon fed, let some of the more advanced anglers feel as if they could contribute their knowledge and not be pushed out of their favorite path on the lake / River. It takes all of us working together to achieve each other's respect. Thanks to the fine tuned walleye fisherman on this site, and thanks to all that did not spot burn the hands that feed you, We had a good year with the info guys and the others who respected their territory!!! You will get more bee's with honey than with vinegar. That much I can promise you 100%!!! Tight lines to all. Let all our first sight of color from the deep be a dark green with glowing white eyes!!!

Couldn't agree more and couldn't have said it better myself. If you want change the first step is to be that change. Justin is the apitomy of that. Now if we could all just follow suit we will see anglers (and people in general) can be a much tighter knit.

Which leads me to say,that is just another bonus of taking a trip with his guide service. Not only will you step of that pontoon with rocket launchers more knowledgeable about walleye, tigers, and the waters of Otisco Lake. You will have a better understanding of the way the sports community can all benefit from just being a kind respectful person towards one another. One hand washes the other and the more we can allow ourselves to feed off of one another the faster we will all advance. Thanks for sharing that pap. Very well put.

Absolutely, gents.  I won't hesitate to use a guide when I've never fished a particular lake or area. That's when I usually call on one.  I found that not only do they try to get you on fish, they'll also tell you about the area you're fishing, describe its ecology, and usually end up showing me some new fishing technique that's unique to that area.  Otherwise, I'm just flopping around out there not knowing what I'm doing.

I get a HECK of a lot more than fish out of all of them that I used.  And they've all been recommended by word of mouth.  Thanks much for the contact.

Absolutely.  Good luck!!  If you see a white spectrum trolling around out there give me a yell Smeltz

I'm happy to hear that others agree, let's get this post to the top one more time. Thanks to all that helped to make this our first steppingstone!!!

Congrats to your day!!! Yes Justin is a wealth of info, as he eats, sleeps and breaths fishing, I'm also glad to hear you had a good time and you will continue to use his services, that sends a good message out about his services as well!!!!

X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...

I haven't fished with Justin before but have been fishing Otisco for 20 years and just this past year he helped me a lot with trolling out of my kayak.  He was very willing to share advice and would definitely hire him for an outing if I had the money for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Justin is one heck of a fisherman and sportsman and for anyone out there considering fishing for the eyes, tigers and smallies on Otisco this is the guy you want to be out there with :yes:

• 3 months later...

I know I can't wait to get back on the water. Justin when is the best time to book a trip if a guy (or girl) wants to catch a tiger or two on your boat?

He'll be right back, he's outback making snowballs for the freezer now that he ate all his walleyes!!! LOL.

Edited by pap

....im never out of walleye!!!

I certainly wouldn't double guess that statement!!! Who's the little guy in your profile pic.? Nice pic. I like to see the little ones in the pics. My girls are chomping at the bit to get on the lake this year. This year will be the first I'll be ready as soon as the water warms a little yet for some browns. I showed Emily the pic of the brown caught by the Saiff crew that really got her pumped. This year I'll have a partner ready to go when I'm ready. I've been waiting 11 years for this moment, I can't wait. Father & daughter team!!!

Thanks Meathunter, I know they need to go through the testing for boating, but they can chauffeur with the best of them till I get everything set, then they take turns with the rods sometimes I need to assist but mostly I drive and net and the girls do the rest. That's on our little home town lake with no waves ect. It will be a hole new ball game for them this year!!! LOL

My new to me 2008 60hp four stroke efi. I took the old motor off last Sunday. I dropped the fuel tank, thoroughly flushed the tank, remounted the tank, and bolted on the new motor Tuesday. I have lots of upgrades for this year. Ill keep adding pics...next week ill be starting the next phase.

post-151276-14596433421943_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14596433554813_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14596435741977_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14596435950947_thumb.jpg

Wow this that motor looks brand new, nice. You didn't waist anytime by flushing that tank. Thanks for posting, it would be cool to see the toon come to life.