Otisco Lake Guide Service

Does that fuel cell bolt up under the area between the toons? How many gallons does it take, looks rather large. Post pics. as you get things going on!! Thanks pap.

I always get my boat in as soon as possible but a little warmer water will only help. Sounds like you're ready for a good year pap!

Finally after 3 years of chasing gremlins I'm ready to troll or whatever it takes Kevin. Maybe this year we could meet up on the river? Things just didn't work out last year for us, between the weather and the weather LOL Oh well maybe this year Kevin!,,

I think I might have screwed up taking mine out of the barn too early this time. It has never seen snow on it before :lol:

post-145411-0-73820100-1459691227_thumb.jpg

Les,

Your boat must think she's been sold!

Pap,

The fuel cell is 25 gallons and sits inside of the aluminum frame that the engine bolts to, and is bolted to brackets that are riveted to the sides of the frame. You have to remove the motor completely to pull the tank. My tank has had issues since the great marina gas debacle of 2014! Finally solved that nagging issue....you wouldnt believe the gunk, sediment, water, jelly etc. I gave up on it and switched to a little portable right after the incident.

LOL, Les I don't think your alone, thank goodness it wasn't a heavy wet and deep snow. If the wind is anything like here there won't be much snow on it for long!!! Take care Les and family, and fellow fisherman, it can only get better!!!

Good one Justin! :)  That motor of yours looks really sweet! Glad to see the gas tank situation is well in hand....shame you had to go through that. I haven't forgotten about our trip by the way. Thanks Pap same to you and yours. Really looking forward to this season too.

Pap,

The boy in my profile pic is Tracy's nephew....his older brother caught it! The 3 biggest tigers to come to the boat last year were all caught by boys between the ages 10-13...fish were 42-45! Had a 73 year old man take a 40 incher on spin tackle and 10 lb test trolling off riggers. Im not sure why the young and old are so genuinely thrilled to catch a fish and most others take it for granted...probably a case of innocence and wisdom!

That's awesome Justin, I would of liked to be there to see their faces when they saw how big they really are. I remember the fuel issue for you, quite the unneeded headache. Now that it's clean you won't get fuel there again, but why even with a boat like yours would they have to put a fuel cell in a area that you need to remove the motor to access the fuel cell?? I know they jam shyt in ever little nook and cranny, but really?? Your motor really looks clean, was it ever in the water? Take care Justin and good luck with your Charter buisness!!! PAP