Why would any want to fish for musky?

Addicting is not the word for Muskie fishing,I have been at it since 1975!I have seen many come and go over the years,some because of marriage & new kids,others because high gasoline costs in years past and others that have passed on.I can count on two hands the number of guys that were muskie fishing in 1975 that are still muskie fishing today,most are over 65 years of age.When I quit getting excited at every muskie to the boat,big & small,by myself & others,it would be time to quit!I will most likely leave this earth while I'm muskie fishing,if not I will be dreaming about that big muskie when I go!

I think it's great how seeing and hearing about one anglers first makes us all reflect on that one memory that we each know was when the "addiction" got its grip on us. I love being a part of others first expirience with these awesome fish for this very reason. Nobody ever forgets the first time they came in contact with a musky.

My 1st Muskie was pure accident...was perch fishing a weedline on Chautauqua with ultra light and 4lb test. Thought I snagged a bucket of weeds till I noticed the line swimming the wrong direction...few moments later she came up next to boat. Friend said "should I get the net..." Raised her 2 mores times. Landed and released in good shape (as far as i could tell). 40" Muskie...I didn't play it a lot. I just gentlely convinced it to come up. I had 4lb test and only maybe 50yrds of line so I followed her with my front trolling motor for a bit till she could be nudged up.

That was the single best catch in fresh water for me...