Info on hunting Hemlock and Canadice State Forest

steelie21

I used (20 yrs. ago) to hunt W side of Hemlock.  Agree w Z blain, get in early and up in the hills where it`s hard to go.  I`d suggest going in during day, finding a good spot or two, and mark them on a hand held gps.  Then, on day you will hunt, go in before light (w/flashlight) to your spot and wait.  The other guys typically will move the deer into your less accessable spot.  Just be in shape enough for the long drag out.  I have seen some dandy`s come out of that area.

R u looking at hunting the lake side or other side of 15. 2 different permits. Get in early and sit and wait. You will see deer. I used to hunt it a lot before i got my own land. I still go up there a couple of times a year. Pm me if you want to tag along

R u looking at hunting the lake side or other side of 15. 2 different permits. Get in early and sit and wait. You will see deer. I used to hunt it a lot before i got my own land. I still go up there a couple of times a year. Pm me if you want to tag along

Hunt the weekdays and it's a ghost town or launch a boat and drive to the opposite side to have the place to your self. I've small game hunted it a lot and deer only a handful. However a friend solely hunts hemlock with great success for deer

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 years later...