Cayuga

Rainbows down 40 ft. All dinks. No Lakers out of Sheldrake to LP. Might of had one but newbie yanked when we were trolling,g Was real rough yesterday. 4 ft swells. I had a co-pilot for yesterday. Seneca had Lakers stacked out by Belhurts. Was solo that day.

Edited by FishingTheFL

I been running a Dream Weaver Chicken Wing. Its Black and Copper with a emerald sticker on it. Dipsey 0 on 3 with 300 ft. Or on 0 at 240 with braided line. I had a nice one on between Dean's and Sheldrake. Charter guy come from past LP when we were out. I wasn't braving the bigger waves

Not sure if it's the braid because I run a 6ft leader with a ff combo or a 20ft leader with a spoon, the braid stops at the dipsy. I also have braided on a downrigger line because i haven't changed it out from a previous dipsy and I get hits alot but again I have a 6 to 10 foot leader...

Just some thoughts on the way the braid is being used. I've found with the light braid on my ultralights (perch stuff) that the braid is VERY buoyant and floats on the water rather than slowly sinking like light mono.  If a lot of it is out in back of the boat (most lines as well) there is a bowing of the line and adding the floating quality of braid it may not be where you think you are running depth-wise when running say as a top line. I only run it either weighted (as in snap weights)  or with a dipsey and usually off boards. Unlike Lake O most of the fish on the Fingers you can "hand line" in if necessary so you can use much longer fluoro leaders on them where you don't have to worry about big salmon getting hold of your lure. With that said a  20 ft. leader should be enough most of the time. Braid shows up real well in the water so it may not be the best option for surface or shallow water fishing especially for fish like browns or landlocks. With them given the usual water clarity on the Fingers you'll want to be using light mono with a light fluoro leader and very small black ball bearing swivel when fishing up high.

Thanks Les. I've had the lines set to 70 ft and didn't end up hitting bottom. Switched my lines to braided so the dipsy what trip and wouldn't stretch with the longer line out. I was going to try a 2oz trolling sinker on a board to start tomorrow. Customer told me where they were catching some Brown's and showed me what they where using. Hopefully we can hook up on something tomorrow. Got a friend coming out to co-pilot again. Hit it every which way we can. Kids turned my new fish finder on while it was out of the water, who knows for how long.... hope transducer still works :/

Tons of baby bow and Landlock by Sheldrake. Couldn't lock onto anything big. We could easily find the LL's and Bows by swirls on the surface. Didn't see much on the screen below 150fow. We gave it till 2:30and had enough.

We gave jigging a shot. We would lose the bait school soon as we turned the main motor off. Thought I had one small one on but shook the hook just as quick.

Fished put of taughannock today from 12 to dark, caught abunch of small bows like 10 to 12 inchea. Landed a 21 inch ll and a 19 inch laker. Fish finder was marking fish from the surface to about 120 ft. Lots of bait piles. I'll be back out wenesday. Oh the surface temp was around 62 I believe

Fished put of taughannock today from 12 to dark, caught abunch of small bows like 10 to 12 inchea. Landed a 21 inch ll and a 19 inch laker. Fish finder was marking fish from the surface to about 120 ft. Lots of bait piles. I'll be back out wenesday. Oh the surface temp was around 62 I believe

Nice what spread did you run? Copper? Riggers? Dipsy?

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I kept it very simple because it was only me and my girlfriend and German Shepherd. I ram two riggers, one down around 100 and the other around 50 to 60. All spoons back 75 ft or so behind ball. All dreamweaver super slim spoons, orange and cooper and green and oranges. I didn't stack the riggers but I did add a cheater line with a spoon so I had 2 spoons on one line. Not sure if you know what a cheater line is but it's a line about 18 inches long with a snap swivel on each end and the spoon. Once the downrigger is down all the way with your first line, just snap the cheater on and it will go down to the bow in the line where it can't go any further. We caught a few on the cheaters so it's worth it. I usually add 2 poles per downrigger but it was more of a relaxing day. I don't use dipsys that often because I never had luck with them.

Edited by jason8333