A few more rookie questions...

Looks like I might get out tomorrow around salmon river....looking for a little help...I have j plugs and a few flasher/fly combos...2 walker lake master downriggers...3 trolling rods. Last week I noticed people were still running ff combos...I thought this late in the season was mostly for plugs....also I forgot what speed for trolling...2.5? So really don't need bags or buckets? Also what channel do average joes use out there? Anyone gonna be out around the salmon river tomorrow? Looks like the lake is gonna settle down!!! THANK YOU for any help!!!

Sent from my Z930L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Past experience, 2.5-2.8 for J-Plugs @ 75 feet back. Small Walleye boards with J-13 Jointed Raps. Move out later in the morning, as fish retreat to deeper waters. Try to stay to the outside of the "Pack" of boats. Troll past Brennan's Beach in 12 to 15 feet of water early morning. S.R. Jetty to Grindstone Creek. Channel 68 is usually the "chatterbox" channel. It gets old after a while though. LOL Have fun and stay alert on the boat traffic! Steve..... any one else want to chime in?

fished today from 11 to 3 and never moved a rod,from noon on we were the only boat out there,so you wont have to worry about traffic.water is COLD!!!!44 degrees top to bottom from 25 fow out to 70 fow.

From the report I read on here, with the water temp in lake at 44 from top to bottom out to atleast 70', you would need to find where the warmer water is. The fish are sitting either right at the mouth, heard reports they did decent last night right at the sticks, or you needed to venture out deeper. The river temp is 55-57 degrees which they are seeing as "hot", so the lake has set up a wall so to speak with all this cold water. We just saw our first diggers 2 days ago down low. These fish are not ready to run yet. With the wind changing this week, I believe we will see our kings back home. Time will tell.

Capt Rich

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.