Layout blinds

Whatever brand fits you comfortably and is as low a profile as you can get.  Also, make sure its paint job isn't shiny. Looks nice in the store but might as well be a stop sign for birds.  You can fix it easily with some flat spray paint but if you're spending the money I would rather not have to mess with it.  I got one as a Xmas present a few years ago and had to paint it when no one was looking. :thinking:

Simple and easy way to "mud" your blind is take the Krylon flat khaki or brown spray paint and do a light mist all over the blind - and make sure to hit the interior tubes or framework around the doors also to knock any metal shine off.  This lasts basically forever and does away with the messy mudding job that typically is required once a year or so.  And yes - do this immediately after you buy it before you hunt it.  We spray every blind we use and the more they get used in the field, they'll get dirty and muddy naturally but the spray paint knocks that sheen off right away.

Blind I've been using and like is the Final Approach SUB blind that folds up.  I had the previous SUB blind that did not fold down and transport into and out of the field sucked - however the blind itself was roomy and comfortable.  The new model SUB folds up nicely.  The other guys in our crew use the GHG Ground Force - simple design, light and folds up for transport... but over the years some of the door frames and hinges have busted.  So far no issues on my SUB - takes a few more minutes to set up than the Ground Force but not enough to warrant a change in my opinion.

First thing you should do with every blind you buy is cover it with mud!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What if you are in the snow in Geneva?  :rofl: