It's all about Salmonoids

Hello all, new to the site but have fished all my life. Obsessed with trout and salmon fishing. Live in southern NY and since 1979 have been trolling leadcore for Browns and lakers in the local reserviors, and yes no motors allowed so it's oars only. For the first 17 yrs from april 1st to nov 30 , I never missed one day of fishing, guess i might have an obsession. When i started i couldnt find rods i liked so i taught myself to make my own, over the years I've probably made in the nieghborhood of 400 plus rods for myself and others.  Started making the trip to ontario in 1984 and got hooked on steelhead. Now that my 2 boys are grown we make the trip together for steelies, we try to get up to the sodus area for a week in november every year. We are now looking to expand to lake fishing, and have been thinking about areas around sodus or mexico. In my spare time i shoot trap competitively and I enjoy working on Harleys and riding. But will always find time to fish.  Just a little about me, hoping to enjoy many more trips to the big pond , and meet some new fishing friends.

Edited by leadcore troller

• 4 weeks later...