Updated! Muskies Inc. NY Chapter 69, Waneta Lake Tournament Sat, Oct. 24th

UPDATED INFO IS IN RED

We are holding a muskie tournament on Waneta Lake.

Open Tournament Rules apply. A 30" fish is 4 points and each additional inch is another point. Winners are based on total points per angler for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Registration will be between 6:00 and 7:15 am. at state boat launch. Tournament hours are 7am to 3:30 pm. Entry fee is $25 per angler and there is an optional big fish pool for $5 per angler (longest fish takes all).

After the tournament, at about 4pm, we will meet at the Wayne municipal Pavilion at the intersection of route 87 and route 97 for awards presentation, and cookout/get together. Alcohol is not allowed there. See this map.

Edited by muskiedreams

I'm looking forward to getting out there again.

I noticed at the last tourney that they still have the old regulations posted on the boards at both launches, what's the best avenue to get them updated/replaced? Contact DEC or can someone from Muskies Inc. take care of it? I'd hate to see somebody take a 30" fish because the signs at the launch don't reflect the current regulations.

I'd come down for this one, but I think I'd be in trouble if I didn't show up to my wedding. Good luck guys!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

congratulations and best wishes! On further review i should have blown off my wedding and gone fishing,but that's just me.

Thanks old man! I think this one can stick around for a while. She gets just as excited around muskies as I do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

be good to that one. I'd have a place on Chautauqua and a Ranger 621vs if i wasn't such a richard.

Wind was strong from the south all day. I;m guessing about 30mph. Water temp was 53*. Zach and NitroMusky cleaned up on jerks. Zach got 1st place and big fish with a 48" (on a figure 8)  and one other fish (I think it was in the low 40s). NitroMusky got 2 fish for second. I'm not sure of their sizes. Ronix 51 got 3rd place with 2 fish on ROB. I am not sure of the sizes except I think the smallest was low to mid 30s. One other fish was caught. There were 16 to18 participants. There were also 2 guys in another boat who didn't participate.

Edited by muskiedreams

Congrats to Zach and Brad, they cleaned house with their fish!

I fished with my brother and was able to put a chunky 41" and 32" in the net and we had 4 other fish on but couldn't get them to the net...but that's how it goes sometimes! Fish came on RO twisted tube and 10" phantom. We were still rocking on Sunday from getting knocked around by the wind and waves but it was fun to be out and fish with everyone!

post-147884-0-40031700-1445866201_thumb.jpg