Any rabbit hunters?

tug hill plateau area. Fort drum. I have a buddy up there for the whole week they smacked the hares pretty good yesterday. Lorraine and Worth is a good place to start. there's a lot of state forest land to hunt around there.

we got after the cottontails a little this weekend. Ill tell ya that's not so easy without some snow. Dogs did very well though

Edited by WoodieBoater

Yeah we went up there this same time last year and only shot 4 all week. Cold, lots of snow, tough conditions for the dogs. My buddy got up there Saturday and they have 6 allready.

Unfortunately they aren't bird hunters and I don't have a dog right now so I can't tell you how that's goin. However I don't thing I've ever bumped as many grouse just walking this year as I ever have

Edited by WoodieBoater

My beagle is more of a lap dog than anything, but she's got a good nose! I did quite well last winter with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbm-ULg0eOA

I would Frame that 1st pic.  That is just an incredible photo.  That is contest worthy too.

Takes me back to my youth.  My girl is too old to even take out now.  She gonna rest.

hardly any snow until later in the week. I left Saturday mid day, looking at the weather report it seemed like the tug was supposed to get pasted but I didn't stick around to find out. All of the runs were good. None of those hares were jump shot, had one run the dogs about 4 hours. just couldn't seem to get in front o that slippery bugger. The dogs did very well, warm conditions for scenting helped quite a bit I think

Edited by WoodieBoater

I am lucky,walk in my back yard,and run rabbits, try to run,a couple,but than days when bunnys r not ,but great fun for a new hunter,to learn about hunting bunnys,that is the only time I harvest a few,

Was out today in the berkshires, conditions weren't great dusting of snow over ice. I couldn't even see the tracks under the cover. Had 2 chases the first chase was about 1.5hrs the second about the same but picked the dog up because her feet were getting tore up the biggest problem with hunting with such a big dog, would have put her boots on but she would have had no traction.