Any rabbit hunters?

I would Frame that 1st pic. That is just an incredible photo. That is contest worthy too.

Takes me back to my youth. My girl is too old to even take out now. She gonna rest.

Thanks! I am actually working on a frame for this photo, made with board from the barn in the background. Taken in the same spot but this was just the other day

post-148029-0-47130900-1453502076_thumb.jpeg

Edited by dawsonscreek

Our group whacked two today (me one).....the snow conditions seemed pretty good but the quiet woods and crunchy snow gave away our positions too easily.....was tough getting ahead of the bunnies but we did it :yes:

CFFE7BD5-98DD-4AFC-83C0-33EAF8379A2E_zps

Totally Awesome guys the pic really bring back memories of when I was a kid I always had beagles still do, but all the farmers around here planted houses instead of corn, you can no longer run dogs without the fear of what happened to me, lost two dogs at the same time due to a automobile, that never stopped.

Today my star female hound turned into a retriever of sorts........She and her brother came to a screeching halt 100 yds after I sent two hail-marys at a fleeing hare.......I thought I missed

F19DAAC7-7B49-4530-BA5A-AA1950F1666A_zps

15-20 mins later she searched me out and brought me this rear foot as a prize........I resumed the search to find the stashed hare with his one rear legs missing........strange how they didn't devour the entire bugger but kept on hunting :)

Willy she was planning ahead thinking she might need a snack later.

:lol: .........I never NOT seen her wanna eat the whole thing........she must be a kinder gentler hunting dog

Reminds me of the story of the three legged pig :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good day hunting hare today, I brought a buddy of mine who had never rabbit hunted before, he had only seen 1 snowshoe hare in his life. I helped a long and got him in the right spot, he shot both hare today. He was so happy and excited, to bad it's the last day of the Massachusetts season he was already asking about heading up to NH.

post-153128-0-78764100-1456609080_thumb.jpeg