Sold / Closed 89 19' Spectrum w/ 96 Evinrude 88 special (88 hp) - SOLD

smallcal

Yes, I am long winded but am very attached to the boat, have had it for 21 years! Only reason for sale is bought a tritoon boat to keep the family happy. Will be heading up to Sandy Pond soon to open it up, clean and start.

2 owner boat, I purchased it in 1994. Since I've owned it, I don't believe there are more than 100 hours on it. It was used on Oneida Lake a few times in the 90's then taken south and used in Georgia and North Carolina a few times. From 1998-2005 it was not used and stored under cover. The original 70 hp motor got water in the lower unit during storage and was replaced in 2005 with the current 85 hp (88 Special - has 85 hp max rating) which is a two cycle motor pre-mix not oil injected - motor had carbs rebuilt, new coils, etc. when installed. The original windshield was broken by a falling tree branch and a different windshield installed (no walk-through cover - have the remnants of the original windshield if you really want it ) Floors from the windshield back were replaced with marine plywood and carpeting in 2005 as well. Since then it has ferried my family from our camp on Sandy Pond to the beach 8-10 times a year. It made one trip onto Lake Ontario, we went 3 miles north to another beach in September.

It is an honest boat, there are issues, it is not perfect.

- The rear seats are usable, need cleaned, the drivers is starting to sag.
- The motor dropped while being installed, it runs fine but the cover is not a perfect fit anymore
- The right side of the floor in the bow has begun to get soft
- There are trim pieces missing (look at bow pictures)
- Accessory gauges and radio (classic am/fm cassette) not wired back in

The Good -

- Runs great
- Holds 7 people
- No leaks
- two swivel bases - believe they were for Cannon riggers - gone when I bought the boat
- Small Cooler under left bow seat
- Live well under right bow seat
- Place for fishing seat in center of bow
- Under deck storage in center of boat
- This is a little/no maintenance boat - Aluminum hull, 2 cycle engine
- With engine up and empty, drafts ~6". Can take the boat into sand shores with 4 passengers without a problem.
- You can run it as it is or fix it up to new, your choice.

Comes with:
1990 Yacht Club roll on trailer - gets you in and out of shallow launches - one light broken

(Photo of boat on hoist - engine cover was off - fogging the engine for storage)

Only reason I am selling, is we purchased a tritoon boat so it is easier to keep the teenagers separated! Love this boat, has been great for us and should be for the next owner as well!

Only trade considered:
- Two or three sit on top kayaks and cash.

- 14-16' aluminum tiller boat for fishing (prefer Yamaha engine)

Asking price is SOLD!

Edited by smallcal

Due to weather forecasts and my desire to fish for steelhead, tomorrow (10/17) I will be covering and fully winterizing the boat.  If you have interest in it, let me know and save me some work.  Otherwise it will go into it's cocoon and be relisted in spring.

Thanks.

Back up for spring

Edited by smallcal

• 5 months later...

Have replied to all.  Sale is delayed while dealing with a family health issue.  Will attempt to bring the boat to my house in Marcellus for easier showing.  Will let all know when that happens.  Thank you for your patience.

• 4 weeks later...

Boat is now at my house so please contact me if you are interested. Thank you.

Two new tires/ wheels on trailer (had the kids along and wanted to make sure there were no issues while towing). Tires/wheels in photos are included in sale as well.

Edited by smallcal

All - One last time up, I'll drop the price to the floor that I will go

Cleaned out the old gas from the tank, put in new, charged the battery, primed, one shot of starting fluid, fired right up.  Love the old 2 cycles.

Need this out of the driveway, have other things I need to do.

Edited by smallcal