Water temps are dropping and outside air temps are dropping,fishermen will start bulking up with layers of warm clothing.Just a word of caution about PFD'S and soaked layers of clothing and the extra weight,will you stay afloat?I did Man Overboard Drills this past summer.Wearing only heavy layers of clothing alone will take you down quickly and make it hard to get back in the boat.If your outboard motor has a trim button on the side of the motor,stand on the trim plates of your outboard and raise yourself out of the water with trim.Now layers soaked with water and different types of PVD floatation could not keep you afloat depending on your weight.An Inflatable PVD will not keep you afloat if your over 250 lbs and have layers of soaked clothing that may weigh another 50 lbs,your going down.This is why I recommend using a Mustang Survival Coverall.The Mustang Suit not only will keep you warm out of water but keep your body warm in the water long enough to save your life.Pillow on the back will keep your face turned out of the water if you blackout due to freezing cold water.All those warm clothes may keep you warm but may end your life if you go overboard wearing them.

Timely advice. The closest i've come to falling in was when the cord on my electric broke while retrieving it. If you have that setup check the cord. Mine was 4 years old when it let go. Stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Most people have no idea how quickly Hypothermia can take your life,especially in water where your body will cool 33 % faster then standing naked in cold air.Right now with 59 degree water,you would be unconscious in 1-3 hours and Death in 1- 5 hours.A Mustang Survival Suit will add another 1 to 2 hours to those times!In water temps below 40 degrees you have 15 minutes without Survival Suit and 30 minutes with it,might be long enough for someone to get you out of the water with the Survival Suit!Think! If you fish late in the fall in cold water time,buy a Survival Suit you owe it to your Family!

Edited by mostlymuskies