Muzzleloader opener

Kevin J Legg

If tonight was any indication, you'll be good. Maybe it was the cold front moving in, but there were deer everywhere this evening. I left the woods early because of the rain and wind, but the fields were full...I don't want to arrow a deer in the rain though.

I had a small fawn at 25 yards but didn't feel like taking it. Their were a couple doe in the area but no shots were available. Latter, after making a move, I jumped a decent buck in a goldenrod field. It was probably shootable (around 150 yards) with my Pro hunter but I tried to range it and wasn't able to pull off a shot. I'll be back out this evening.

I harvested a very large doe with my muzzleloader tonight. Her heart was literally cut in half and she ran over 100 yards. The TC shockwave broke a rib on each side destroyed the heart and had a large exit hole at around 70 yards.

Sweet Kevin!! Now the work comes. Congrats to your hunt with meat!!!

Pap,

I've got her boned out and aging in the garage refrigerator. Will finish cutting and vacuum seal after aging. She was large, fat with very little lost meat. We will greatly enjoy the meat!

Now I can relax and visit my daughter and grandson this weekend.

The pressure is off and I can now look for a buck and waterfowl hunt. I do have another bow/muzzleloader tag and a couple DMP tags but likely won't use them. Perhaps if we get a nice day I can get my wife to sit a watch or two. She also has a muzzleloader tag and DMP tag.

Nice, Kevin! Always great to get one down early...... I had 4 come w/in 60 yards on saturday. Largest doe was obstructed by buck brush. Let one go. Sabot was deflected. Had 3 come in on me last night from behind to about 20 yards and no shot. Deer winded me and hit the road. Getting closer each time i guess. Sure is nice to see large healthy deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Congrats Kevin!

Still fishing although it's pretty slow by summer standards. Picked up one walleye and one smallmouth the other night. Plenty of geese around this AM. With duck, goose and deer rifle opening on the same morning there was plenty of shooting around.

Nice to have "options".

Gene