A few Pics, Pulaski 10/3 &10/10/15

I don't fish for the salmon once they enter the river, but do enjoy watching the show, and listening to the banter at the town pool.They have their own language ;sayings,adjectives, and instructions, to keep other people from casting over the line of someone fighting a fish. Very entertaining.

Here are some of the words and phrases I heard over and over at the town pool when someone hooked up.

Fish On! - Fish Off - FIIIISH !- Going up !- Waaay up! going across!- In the middle - along the wall!- under the bridge!- Right in the mouth! - Screamer !- Going Down !- Waaay Down!- No helpers !- First Timer, Give him room!- Jumper!- Tail Hook - Belly hook- Good hook !- NET !- Yell louder, never heard you - Lots of cursing too !

P1010525.jpg

P1010527.jpg

1003151132.jpg

1003151137a.jpg

then in the middle of all the madness,I spot this cute little girl who definitely gets the best waders and hat award

P1010540.jpg

saw this chalk message on a rock downstream a ways near the staircase

1016151736.jpg

Edited by choo-choo

I especially liked the one taken of the guys taking the fish for a walk! That's classic! You just can't make that stuff up! Thanks for the memories and humor! ps: If you post funny chit like this again....could you please warn of a "spew alert?" Had a mouth full of coffee...you guess the rest...... :puke: Steve.....

Nice pictures! That's my daughter in the pink waders.. She has a pink rod and reel to match. Her mom made the hat for her.. Did you get any pictures of the fight that took place that day.. Lol. The town pool does get crazy!

No I did not see the fight, but I figured there might be one with all the different personalities fishing side by side on the river.

Please let me know where you bought those waders...would love to get a pair for my granddaughter!

I would like to order one of those hats for her, that your wife made too!

:lol::yes:  Thanks for the laugh. The guy dragging the fish is beyond belief....and really cute ones of the kids :yes: The other pics along the river bank are why I don't do it anymore.

Edited by Sk8man

Nice pics choo choo. I have a buddy that drags his fish like that. It gets the slime off really well.  :)

I love the way they yell FISH ON and whisper fish off.  :lol:

Good one, and thanks Bruce reeleyz. You just made me think about the guy that screams Fish On ! then sheepishly whispers "rock" as he tries to unsnag his rig from the bottom.

Steve, I remember a group of southern guys encircling a pool of a smallish trib one spring. It was full of suckers and they caught many of them. One guy, every time a sucker pulled down his big bobber would yell,"Ah thank thisun's a TRAY-OUT!"

Great posts, love the crosswalk picture!  While most of us consider that type of "fishing" total BS, I agree that it really is fun to spend a few hours watching the clowns who feel they've really honed their skills at this.  A Walmart surfcasting pole and half of a brain is all it takes to fill your freezer with foul, spent Chinook fillets!

Some of you guys are really funny. All season long you're all excited about someone bringing a newb onto the lake saying we need more fisherman.

Once a group is on land they're all snaggers and want to be's.

Not everyone has the opportunity to fish from a boat in the lake. I applaud them for getting out and enjoying what the love doing even when they have to fight the crowds to do do so.