Otisco,10/20

Water temp is 56. Visibility around 8 feet. No one out. Got bit three times between noon and 1pm,caught two of them. One had a deformed jaw,both appeared to be eating well. Caught one in 10fow in front of the causeway opening and the other in 2fow near the tree with the rope swing on it. post-142867-14453782579708_thumb.jpgpost-142867-1445378269306_thumb.jpg

Nice work old man. A snub nose...saw a pic of one if those from chq recently too.

How long did you fish without action?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

about five hours without even a follow.post-142867-14453889676758_thumb.jpgbetter shot of the messed up head. The fish i mean.

Old Man I looked at Savage baits when they were only overseas. They really look impressive and the size of their baits verses the all mighty $ they weren't out of this world. I have heard that the eel really produce. I will have some of their jointed lures. I think it's something they "fish" haven't seen to much of if that means anything? Congrats to your catch and day!

Good fishing old man. Thanks for sharing! Nice to see that you found a couple. I was out there Saturday and Sunday and saw only one other boat each day. Saturday was a little nasty but I picked one up at 730am trolling 60 fow, about 37 inches. Then trolled for 11 hrs trying every trick i know without a single strike. Sunday I trolled the deep again from 11-3, no bites. I finally went up to the narrows and pulled some smaller higher baits and almost instantly stuck a lmb and my buddies first tiger. It was a smaller one around 28 inches but he was happy to get it in the net.

Where do you find the eels for 10 bucks? Justin has shown them to me and said that you do really well with them but I haven't been able to find them at gander, dicks, or field n stream.

post-159196-0-54098200-1445426467_thumb.jpg

post-159196-0-78677900-1445426499_thumb.jpg

They are $8.95 now at fishusa.com. Good outfit. The 12" ones are best. The bigger one will get bit but it's a load to throw. Good for propwash trolling though. The smaller ones(8 inch) will get inhaled and injure fish. Don't buy them. "Golden ambulance" is the best color by far.

I caught enough tigers there the past couple weeks i was able to con two guys to go out with me on 10/27. Three of us threw everything i owned for 5 hours and never saw a fish. Only thing i could tell was different was no green weeds were left. Time to go deep i guess.

I have been catching them deep for all of sept. and the first couple weeks of Oct. The last few weeks have been like flipping a switch. The only thing I have noticed is that the thermocline has moved 20 ft deeper. I was thinking that once the lake roles over things would change but every week the thermocline just moves deeper. This is just what's been on my mind, I'm not saying that I'm right by any means. I am a beginner. But I do put allot of time in on the lake for sure. Lately for me it's been about 22 hrs a weekend to produce 2 or 3 tigers. Pretty tough going.