Up To 16ft Seas Forecast Thursday

The web cams I've looked at earlier are all located in bays or along protected shorelines. Even the cam in Toronto isn't showing much wave action. The forecast I posted above is the offshore forecast, more than 5 miles from shore. The near shore forecast for Thursday is 7-11ft.

I've been in 7-10ft seas in the gulf of Mexico on a 43ft boat and it wasn't any fun at all. We went about a mile past the jetty's and turned around to head back to port when we started looking at waves that were as tall as the wheelhouse. The captain had to plan his turnaround between the swells just right, and those were some tense minutes.

Weather underground marine forecast is showing those winds to shift from south east to south west then west by Thursday night....40knots with 14 to 16 ft seas offshore ( 10 to 14 ft nearshore Mexico Bay to the St. Lawrence) . East and northeast NY shoreline might take a pounding and the islands ,Galloo and Stoney, too....if this prediction is correct.... and when and for how long the south west and west shift lasts.

Edited by choo-choo

Weather underground marine forecast is showing those winds to shift from south east to south west then west by Thursday night....40knots with 14 to 16 ft seas offshore . East and northeast NY shoreline might take a pounding and the islands ,Galloo and Stoney, too....if this prediction is correct.... and when and for how long the south west and west shift lasts.

Steve if you happen to get any good pictures of the Lake I would appreciate if you could email some to me.

Thanks

The Lake vision camera in Oswego is f'd up

Steve if you happen to get any good pictures of the Lake I would appreciate if you could email some to me.

Thanks

The Lake vision camera in Oswego is f'd up

OK Glenn. I'm home today , but heading north up to Lake O tomorrow morning. They are predicting 10 to 14 ft waves near shore from Mexico Bay to the St. Lawrence....and 14 to 16 footers offshore. Edited by choo-choo

I was out near Albany NY from Thursday morning until Friday evening so I wasn't able to drive to Lake O to check on the wave action. Did anyone happen to get any pictures of the lake during the peak wave action? I'm sure Henderson Harbor and Chaumont Bay were pretty choppy as well. I've been in 2-3ft waves (some occasional 4ft rollers) on Chaumont Bay in 15-20+ MPH winds from the SW so I can imagine it was pretty bad out there on Thursday.