Posted Today, 6:59 PM

1.png

I made a quick run out this afternoon before they  close the bridge.Went east from the outlet to about 50 feet of water. At 48.3 degrees the Ibay outlet scum line was about one degree warmer than the lake water so along its edge I went. With just 2 rods. One 35 down with a superslim chickenwing with a hammered copper back and the other a Superman scorpion at 39 but trying to stay in the warmer water so it went up and down when needed. I toyed with the idea of running a stick bait on a junk line in warmer surface water but it did not sit well with my plans about this being a relaxing afternoon.

I ended up with eight hits and got seven browns ranging between 3 and 10 pounds. they were all released to go spawn in wherever they choose to go.

All in all a very pleasant relaxing afternoon.

Rolmops

Nice! Sounds like a decent trip....We were inside at first light and ran mostly 2-6ft down and managed a brown steelie and small king in the stained water coming out of the outlet .... guess we should have moved deeper as sun got up ...might have one more trip left if weather plays nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by minion

Way to go rolmops!! Like you posted on another post, you kept your ride out of the winterized mode and it defiantly payed off!! Some nice weather coming this week also. I got a trip or two planed also. Did so-so on a local lake Friday, see what happens. As long as it stays in the high 20's at night and gets 45 or better I won't give her the pink drink for the winter. But I won't risk a frozen block. I put a drop light wired to where the light hangs under the oil pan!! Warm oil holds the heat long and keeps the block warm also.