Is there a non-profit organization/fishing charter service for...

The two I'm familiar with are the Salmon Slam out of Sodus with Project Healing Waters in August

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/50956-sbhw-salmon-slam-august-1st-2015/

and the Wounded Warriors event out of Fair Haven

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/51638-fair-haven-all-aboard-weekend-wounded-warriors-and-special-needs-kids/?hl=%2Bfair+%2Bhaven

Edited by mudflat

• 2 weeks later...

I'll participate however I can Rollie. I work at a not for profit camp that can potentially give them a place to stay. We also host wounded warriors thru project new hope.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

In the process of setting an event up for Cayuga lake , looking for any boat owners willing .......

I'd love to participate but my boat will be snowed in after this Sunday, expecting a foot or more of lake effect. Best of luck with it. You guys that live down in the "Banana Belt", aka south of the snow belt :) , might still have access to your boats when this fishing trip kicks off.

Oh, ok. Sounds like there's still plenty of time to get something organized. I think it would be easier to get something like that out of Henderson Harbor on Lake O. There are a bunch of disabled veterans and active duty (including National Guard and Reserve) men and women still at or near Fort Drum. Shoot me a PM with some information that I can pass on to some folks at Fort Drum. I don't have any personal contacts up there, but I just retired from the Army a few years ago and I know many of the organizations that can help get the word out (MWR, BOSS, even the 2 organizations mentioned above). A trip on the Finger Lakes would be cool to, especially with guys who can't handle rougher water for any number of reasons.