Broadhead recommendation for low draw weight bows

Legacy

My son has been shooting muzzy mx3, same as me. He has killed 10 deer in 3.5 years. 7 with the bow. We did lose one but I shot her a couple weeks later with just a slice on her forearm. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by King Slammin

My daughter has had good luck with the magnus stinger buzz cut 2 blades. She shooting like 43 pounds with a 27" draw length. You want cut on contact and definitely not mechanicals.

Robby both my sons boars at age ten were Magnus stinger 2 blades pulling 40. Phil had the pics on the wall at his shop. He swore by them.

I shoot 50 pound draw weight and always have. I shoot thunder heads for over 15 yrs, and they drop deer like my buddy plow drops kings on the disey rod.( like a bad habbit.) As long as bow is properly set up they shoot like field points, Phil convincened me to shoot the stingers and the next 2 deer I let an arrow fly on I was unable to recover, one was a mature buck.  Just my personal experience, I switched back to old faithfull and have never looked back!

I shoot 50 pound draw weight and always have. I shoot thunder heads for over 15 yrs, and they drop deer like my buddy plow drops kings on the disey rod.( like a bad habbit.) As long as bow is properly set up they shoot like field points, Phil convincened me to shoot the stingers and the next 2 deer I let an arrow fly on I was unable to recover, one was a mature buck. Just my personal experience, I switched back to old faithfull and have never looked back!

Lol!! He's not lying either the man dumps ALOT of fish.

My daughter has had good luck with the magnus stinger buzz cut 2 blades. She shooting like 43 pounds with a 27" draw length. You want cut on contact and definitely not mechanicals.

I use these and will never use another kind. But I'm 45. Lol

silverfoxcharters.net

• 8 months later...

I shoot heavier weight with G5 Montecs but I'm sure they would perform well on a lower weight bow. I have had good results with my compound and crossbow. They shoot really good groups.

They are re-sharpenable too with a basic flat stone.

The arrow / broadhead weight factors heavily into the kinetic energy equation. Don’t downsize too much for the sake of speed.in ny the minimum weight is 35 pounds remember  the fun of  bow  hunting is how  close u can get to the animal closer u  are better the shot  I have been a bow instructor  for 11 yrs I  shoot Mathews  but  remember this use whatever feels  right in the young hunter hands  what he likes  not  the name brand ,,  few good broadheads  for beginners 75 gr muzzy 85 grain Magnus Stingers Wasp bullet 75 grain the best thing u can do  for the kid    practice practice practice but don't forget he starts getting tired he  wont   shot as  good then get  him wanting to  quit make it  fun get  targets  with  pictures zombies  animals polititions   lol kidding no polititions oh  ya on a last note if he has to  lift the bow to the  sky to draw it its cranked up to high don't forget the ballouns

post-159772-0-19346000-1469663824_thumb.jpg

post-159772-0-79338700-1469663824_thumb.jpg

post-159772-0-70072500-1469663839_thumb.jpg

post-159772-0-49631000-1469663840_thumb.jpg